Monday 11 April 2011

Uniden Cordless Phone - cordless phone battery, cordless telephone


I ordered three batteries for my Uniden phones. I selected these batteries because the add and photos in the add made the batteries appear to be the same original factory batteries that came with the phones (Model BT-446). I wanted the same batteries because they had lasted for years. When the batteries arrived I was surprised that they were not the BT-446 batteries show in the add. The shipping was fast but the batteries I received were an aftermarket brand called New Energy and are green in color, not white. The battery number is MB-446. Although I felt cheated by the add, I needed my phones to work so I installed them instead of going through the hassle of returning them and trying again with a different company. I charged the batteries in my phones for a day and they appear to work fine. I do not know of this brand so I have no idea how long they will last. They have been in my phones for about a month and so far so good. UNIDEN BT-446 Cordless Phone Battery for Uniden

Based on the reviews you see for this product, there is conflicting news as to whether ordering the product on this page will get you a genuine Uniden replacement battery or not. The definitive answer is: it depends on who you buy your batteries from.



There are several Amazon Marketplace partners offering batteries on this page for several bucks less than what Amazon.com is selling them for. Some of the offers are for half as much as what Amazon is selling them for. If you buy from the Marketplace sellers who are selling at half what Amazon.com is charging, you can be pretty sure you're getting fakes. I can tell you I have ordered three of these batteries and each time got good quality long-life genuine OEM Uniden replacements: two in Jan 2011 and one in May 2011 from Amazon.com, not one of their partners, and yes, I paid a few bucks more than what the cheapest guy on this page wants to get it from Amazon.com and wasn't disappointed.



Am I saying every Marketplace vendor is selling fake batteries? No, but I didn't have the time or patience to try them all until I found who was selling genuine OEM batteries and who was selling knock-offs. I can assure you from my experience, however, that if you spend a couple bucks more and buy from Amazon.com directly, you'll get the genuine OEM replacement battery.



The genuine OEM replacement batteries are every bit as good as the originals that came with my Uniden phones. In some cases, my Uniden cordless phones came with the lower capacity 750 mAh BT-1005 batteries by default so these 800 mAh BT-446 replacements are a small improvement to the original batteries in my phones.



My advice: get this battery, spend the extra couple of bucks to get it from Amazon.com (not a Marketplace seller), and you won't be disappointed.

I'm so glad I didn't pay for a "official" Uniden battery ($30) when I can get the exact same battery type for a lot less. I highly recommend this product. Just make sure your phone is cordless, uses 3.6 Volts, 800 mAh, and has the "red/black" power cord connector.

When you take into account that you can get this original item with free shipping from Amazon, it is not much more expensive than the substitutes. Also little things like length of the little cord and minor differences in size could be important.

While the cost of replacement batteries (for my three phones) is a substantial percentage of cost of new phones, I decided to replace the batteries to save time. I did not want to have to learn and set up a new phones...I merely replaced the batteries and was good to go.

This is actually battery BT-446 for Uniden phones. There is no BP-446. I contacted customer service and they were not able to correct it. I wanted the Uniden batttery and not a generic as the generic can be defficient and this was a super price.

I bought a Uniden phone (model: DCT748-4) from Costco and it comes with 4 handsets. One night, there was a strong thunderstorm. 2 of my Uniden phones were plugged into a surge protector and 2 weren't. A lightning struck near my house and damage several small electrical stuff in my home such as lamps and radios. Thank god my TVs and computers were fine. Anyway, the two Uniden phones that were not plug into a surge protector did not work. They turn on, but there was some sort of error displayed. I thought the phones were broken. What I did next was switch batteries between the good and bad phones. It turn out all the phones work. It was the battery that was messed up.



So I search online to find battery replacement and found them cheaper at Amazon than the Uniden store. I think the battery can last 2-3 hours if you were talking to someone that long. I know my mom was talking to someone for a long time until the phone started beeping because of low energy in the battery. - Cordless Phone Battery - Battery - Cordless Telephone - Uniden'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information