Sunday 17 April 2011

Wildlife Camera


I have tried several inexpensive game cameras, kept this one. I like the easy setup using dedicated switches instead of software function programing. Specs calls for trigger at 30 feet max range. The night photos are not well illuminated beyond 10 feet from camera. The daylight shots are fantastic. I was happy with this unit and needed another camera, so I upgraded to the Primos Truth cam 46. It cost more money and performance was not as good as Truth cam 35. Sent the Truth cam 46 back and ordered another Truth Cam 35. Happy with both Truth Cams 35. The video mode does eat up SD card space so I switched over to the 5 shot photo feature with 1 second delay between shots. uses a lot less card space and sharp photos. By the way the specs say 8 GB (SD HC MAX SIZE) My two Truth cams 35 accepted 16 GB SDHC and seems to work fine. I would have given the camera 5 stars, but the distance of the night photos beyond 10 feet were a little disapointing. Primos Truth Cam 35 Camera

I have several scouting cameras from a variety of manufacturers. My favorite is by far the Reconyx, but I just can't shell out that kind of money if I want more cameras. As much as I love that camera, I almost wish I had taken that money and bought 8 Truth Cams so I could cover more ground. Almost. Right now, I think this is the best value of any of the cameras I have.



For the money this is a great camera. It easily performs as well as some $200 cameras out there. My Reconyx takes better night pictures, and more of them, but I also spent a lot more money on that camera, almost 10x more.



Some pictures are a little blurry at night if the deer are moving fast, but it's really not that bad. You can still clearly make out the number of points on the antlers unlike the Moultrie camera that I have which just shows a white blur.



Daytime photos are awesome.



Couple of things to be aware of:



If you put it in the woods with a heavy overhead canopy, you will occasionally get white out photos. This camera is much better suited for more open areas such as fields or food plots. When I put it on the edge of a field, I do not get white outs. Also, if you do place it in thicker cover, don't set the sensitivity on high. You'll get lots of great pictures of trees. Every time a branch moves it will go off. Nighttime flash range is much better in open areas as well.



I've had it out in the field now for 2 weeks. It's already taken over 500 photos and the battery is at 98%. I'm using industrial D-Cell batteries that I special ordered so I expect them to last longer so take that with a grain of salt.



I can't give it 5 stars though. A Reconyx is a 5 star camera. This is not a Reconyx. Compared to one of those it's probably a 2 or 3 star camera at best. However, considering the performance/price ratio, it gets a 4. It is NOT the best camera out there, but it IS the best camera if you're on a tight budget.

Purchased this item thru Amazon. As soon as it arrived I took it out and mounted it in the woods.

The first 3 days I got 180 pictures of deer and turkeys. I have had it out for about 3 weeks now with hundreds of pictures (day and night) and it still has 85% of its battery life left. Which is 4 D batteries. Will be buying more of these. Very easy to use and set up.

Bought the camera and received it quickly as always with Amazon. Bought a new Kingston 4GB SD card to use in it at the same time. I unpacked it, put in the batteries and SD card, and tried the camera out in my yard. Took 8 great pictures, so I placed it aside until the weekend, when my wife and I took the camera, jumped in the truck, and took an 80 mile one way trip to our hunting property to place the camera. When we got to the food plot we had prepared for the camera, I placed it on the tree, and turned it on-------and got an "SDFUL" on the screen. I knew it wasn't, but tried a spare SD card anyway---same thing. Took the camera 80 miles back home, tried two more SD card of different brands---one 8GB and one 2 GB--and all registered full. Cards were reformatted in my computer, but got same results. The Truth Camera would not reformat the cards. If this is Primos quality, I don't need it. However, I contacted Amazon, and got their usual great service. I am fair minded and decided to have another camera sent to me in exchange. Surely I won't have the same luck twice. In any case, I will review the second camera as well, hopefully with a better result.

I purchased the Primos Truth Cam 35 on 9-11-2010. It was simple to setup. I placed it in the field on 09-26-10, and set it to take 3 photos every minute. I retrieved the camera from the field on 10-03-10. It took 6,542 photos (day and night) of deer, ferrel hogs, squirrels, and racoons on an 8GB SD card, with 70% battery life remaining. Of these photos very very few were of small game. There were hardly any blank photos, if any. The night time IR photos were clear, except some blur did occur on some of the photos, if the game was moving during the shot. The wildlife did not seem to mind the night IR LED's. I did not notice where it ever startled them, though sometmes they would look directly at the red LED's. A few photos were a little dark during the transition time between dark and light in the morning and between light and dark in the evening, but this was minimal, maybe 2-3 minutes worth. Overall the picture quality was very good, however the daytime pictures were all mono-chrome (not in color). I emailed Primos with a sample photo and they told me the camera was faulty and that it needed to be replaced. The Amazon transaction was seemless and smooth. Amazon sent me another Truth Cam 35 even before they received my return. I tested out the replacement just to be sure that it worked correctly before I place it in the field. It worked great and the outside daytime pictures were in color like they should be. The daytime colors seem really good. I'm looking forward to getting the camera back into the field this weekend, so I can get some really great color photos of the wildlife. I would recommend the Truth Cam 35 and I would buy it again.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wildlife Camera Wildlife Camera Wildlife Camera