Sunday 17 April 2011

Battery - laptop batteries, macbook


This battery doesn't match the matte black finish of the MacBook, but I actually like the matte/shiny contrast. If you're an Apple purist and put great stock in the company's aesthetic, this battery will disrupt the look of your MacBook. As far as its practical virtues, the battery behaves exactly as the factory-issued one did (except that this time I'll take the battery out when I have the laptop lugged in and hopefully avoid the bloated battery situation that made me buy this in the first place).



This battery has the light up indicator present on the factory-issued batteries (surprisingly), but (unsurprisingly) it didn't work properly from the beginning. It's a very minor concern for me--I never really used the indicator, except to pretend the battery was a futuristic landmine.



Overall, the item is a functional alternative to paying Apple twice as much for a slightly higher quality replacement. I debated whether to give this battery a 3 or 4, but I settled on 3 because of the broken indicator lights. New Black 10.8V,5200mah,Replacement Li-ion Battery For Apple Macbook 13" A1185, A1181, MA566,MA561

Had to get a new battery when I accidentally fried mine - don't ask - and was loathe to spend the $120 that Apple and any authorized Apple seller was demanding. You know Apple doesn't MAKE the batteries, right? They buy them just like any other computer company. So after some internet searching, I found this for less than HALF the price of the Apple original and ordered. It arrived a coupla days early, I slapped it onto my anxiously waiting Macbook, and haven't looked back. It holds a charge better than the original, and even the most dedicated Apple devotee would find it impossible to fault. If you need a new battery, or just want a spare, don't sleep. Buy this.

In less than 2 hours my battery life has gone from 100% to 30%. Needless to say, I'm constantly charging it. Also, the magnetic connector for the power chord doesn't fit as snugly as with the original battery. Consequently, it can easily get disconnected.

It looks like an Apple battery.

It feels like an Apple battery.

It powers up like an Apple battery.

But it lasts about half as long and the shutdowns are not graceful.



I would buy an original, as much as I hate to fork out $120 for a friggin battery, it's night and day.

I have had it for about a month now, and found that it works... but that is about it. It takes about 5ish hours to charge and then lasts for about an hour. It is alright as a cheap backup, but I'd get something with a little bit more life if it were to be my main battery.

It would get no stars if they allowed it. I thought I could get this and get by . . . but it is not worth the trouble. After about 5 charges it shows full batteries but has very little charge. I'll be returning it.

I received this Macbook A1185 OEM battery, and from the get go it wouldn't charge. System profiler showed plenty of capacity and voltage but no current. I reset my Macbook's SMD and PRAM, but no dice. Battery was defective. I wonder if they test these things at all. - Laptop Batteries - Macbook - Macbook Battery - Mac Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information