Sunday 17 April 2011

Walkman - cassette player portable


I recently bought this portable player, although I knew of what is in my opinion its major deficiency: NO DC POWER INPUT. This is a problem when you want to use the player at home (or other "fixed" location), possibly as an auxiliary input to an amplifier or to external speakers. The lack of DC input is however partly compensated because the (battery operated) player seems to be quite energy-efficient.



The digital radio controls are superior to those of most other portable players. The overall quality of the gadget is excellent and it includes useful features, most of them adjustable through the digital user menu.



I have only used the product for a few days, so I can't provide comments on long-term reliability.



Although there are more inexpensive alternatives, I would consider the product as an excellent buy if it is meant for use on the road, outdoors or by frequent travellers. Sony Walkman WM-FX290 - Radio / cassette player - silver

I bought this sony walkman after having my last sony walkman for many years. I tried buying a couple other brands, but very noisy & one didn't even have rewind. I would give this one a 5 star, except, after only having it about a month, i dropped it and the battery door hinge broke- now the battery won't stay in without constant force on the door, so----you guessed it---it's next to useless to me now. I've seen where others have complained about the same thing. But on a good note- this is the quietest buttons i've ever used. Can FF/RW,Play, etc... without hardly making a noise at all- which is important since the other ones woke my husband up. I really don't listen to the radio much, so can't comment on that. I'd buy again if i was sure the battery door wouldn't break again.

I really can't review the product because, after we ordered it, we learned that someone else had purchased the same thing for the intended recipient. So I'll just say the seller sent the product on time, it arrived in excellent shape, and sending it back was easy and hassle free. - Cassette Player Portable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information