Sunday 17 April 2011

Electronics - pda, ipad


I am very pleased with my new iHolder iPad stand which I received today from Pyramid Distribution. I had completely researched just about every stand available on the market, and this one really had the features I was looking for. The design is very complimentary to my iMac with the aluminum stand; in fact, it makes the iPad look like a mini iMac. The fit and finish of the manufacturing process are of a high quality; the device is stable and just heavy enough to do its job. I did not find the aluminum finish to be a rough texture, or with sharp edges. In fact, it is as smooth as my Apple computer product. The rotating ball joint seems rugged enough to hold up. The base, the mounting pieces, and the ball joint which both rotates and adjusts the angle are heavy aluminum. The frame and arms that snap onto the edges of the ipad are a flexible grey plastic.



The major feature of the iHolder which is different from other units is that it easily adjusts the angle of the iPad to one of three pre-set angles; the competing stands do not adjust angle; they are a single fixed slope.



Overall, this is an attractive and well designed product, and I am glad that I purchased it.



The service from Amazon and Pyramid distribution were excellent. I ordered on Sunday p.m., it shipped from Massachusetts on Monday a.m. by USPS priority mail, and was delivered to me in Texas on Wednesday a.m. The packing protected the product well.



All of the iPad accessories are a little overpriced, it seems to me, but given what is available in the marketplace, I am pleased with this product at $49.95. iHolder iPad Stand (WiFi/WiFi+3G)

When I first saw this stand in a blog I thought ... Nice... Neat... And I bought it as a novelty to make my IPad look good on my desk. I was not using the IPad much. But once I used the stand which really looks good and is solid and heavy (once the IPad is attached), I started to use the IPad all the time. The stand fits perfectly on the armrest of my couch and is a great addition to my movie theatre seating. It is always there now and I do not have to boot my computer and wait when I quickly need to look something up. Perfect hight while I sit on my couch. touching the screen is easy and comfortable and does not feel like the device would fall off the armrest. It seems to be balanced perfectly.



I did not really plan this but the stand rally made my IPad convenient and useful. Great buy.



The only negative is the finish of the stand. It has very rough edges and a rough brushed metal surface that feels uncomfortable to touch. OH!.. and do not worry, the bottom of the stand is rubberized so it will not scratch whatever it touches.

I like it simply because it looks like a mini iMac. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend. The first one they sent was used and had wear and tear, I called to return because it was missing a screw and they replaced it free. They sent another used one but it wasn't in bad shape so I didn't complain. Once I put it together, the middle plastic piece seemed very fragile and the design covers up the buttons on the iPad. Just from looking at it I can see it won't last very long, I'm afraid to mess around with it fearing I'm going to break it. Overall if you want a good show piece that looks pretty cool it's for you, if you want durability and to make best use of this item then I do not recommend.

The iHolder is sweet! I have been using my iPad with my Bluetooth keyboard, but I was having trouble getting my iPad in a position that was easy to use. Now, with the iHolder, I can set the iPad up so it looks like a computer screen!



This is the ideal setup for when I am out of town and don't want to take my laptop with me. Instant computer desk! Love it!

I receive the product rapidly by USPS - Poste Canada. This stand is very beautiful and it's a charm to work with the ipad on it and the bluetooth keyboard. WOW !



J'ai reçu rapidement le produit expédié par USPS - Poste Canada. Le support est vraiment très beau et c'est un charme de travailler avec le ipad sur lui avec le clavier bluetooth. WOW !

I'm going to return it to find something better. I don't like the iHolder for several reasons.

- feels like it want to break

- it is not very stable

- any cable you connect makes the screen go crooked

- the company Green Figure does not answer its email when I sent questions

- the package arrived a mess, with crappy instructions

- $50? - Computer - Electronics - Ipad - Pda'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information