Tuesday 26 April 2011

Survival Pants - pants, camping


These pants look durable without looking too casual. They are attractive on my hubby, who has no butt and thick legs. (He got a pair in size 38 x 32.) He's "older" and therefore didn't like the "younger" style of the pants (with their little "pull tag" linked to the top side pocket, but this isn't something other people really would notice. He's just not used to wearing "cool" pants. (We're working on that.) He also commented that the length is a bit shorter than normal pants with a 32-inch inseam. Columbia Lander Pant - Men's Trail, 34x32

These pants are nice and well made for Khaki's. They fit well in the waist and butt but are way too long for 32's. Try ordering one size smaller unless you want to alter them! This goes for all the columbia pants I ordered.

I now have 4 pairs of these pants. I found my first pair at TJ Maxx, buried among all of the other pants. I snapped them up, brough 'em hone and have loved them ever since. I paid full price for another pair at REI (never again) and just ordered two more pair yesterday. Love 'em. Super comfortable, great fit and a awesome look.

These pants seem to be as well made as any other pants in this price range. The ones I received are sized just a tad large. I ordered pants with a 34" waist but could have gotten away with 33". Being cotton they will likely shrink up a bit over time, so it's not a big deal. I will very likely purchase more of these when the need arises.

I bought 2 pairs at the Columbia outlet store to take on my deployment to Afghanistan. They were perfect from the moment I put them on. I was tired of bulky cargo pants. These pants were the answer with extra pockets that are not bulky and give enough room to carry a few extras around. Well after having them for 1 1/2 months I lost some weight so I ordered another 2 pairs from amazon. The second pair were a different weave than the first. The second pair shrink a little after washing and the first pair would not shrink at all. So I now own a pair in every color. These pants have held up extrememly well to the constant washing and use. There were no issues with the sizes I think they ran true.I will definetly be buying more in the future.

They are great pants, simple, casual, but nice. Has a nice cargo pocket on the side, but not cargo pants like at all. The fit and quality are great. My hushband said that these are his favorite pants and asked for another pair or two. Also, he's not a fancy pant or jean guy - I wear 7's, Lucky and Citizens jeans and he wear Lees or Levis, an he is very picky. So to find these kaki's/pants for him was a big win!

I originally found a pair of these at a columbia outlet store, and decided to give them a try. The claim of these being "The Lovechild of a pair of cargo pants and well-worn khakis" it true. The do not have the pockets of normal cargo pants, but thats okay. They are the most comfortable pant i have ever bought. The right front pocket has an secondary zipper pocket that is perfect for my wallet.

Have lots of Columbia shirts, have owned several coats (great warranty) and these pants. I have two pair that are my primary work slacks. So 2-3/week, for 3-1/2 years and have worn very well. Bottoms of leg seams just started to show their age over the last year. One pair's zipper finally broke, but if replaced is still wearable. Always comfortable. I really like the snap vs. a button, and the velcro closure on the back pockets over a button is a plus too. Nice side pocket with zipper. Great design and fit. Am looking to buy a couple more pairs. I would agree they tend to run a bit long. - Casual - Camping - Pants - Columbia'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Survival Pants - pants, camping columbia Survival Pants - pants, camping