Tuesday 26 April 2011

Apple Computer Accessories


The official Apple iPad Case is beautifully constructed. It is made of a very soft material but still sturdy. The iPad sits securely and tightly in place. The cover bends back easily and you can even prop it up at an angle just by inserting the cover into a flap on the back. The holes for the power, dock port, volume and headphones are perfect - no overlapping. I don't have to worry about scratching the front or back of my iPad when carrying or laying it around. I only wished that it had a clear plastic insert attached inside to cover the face of the iPad for added protection from scratches and fingerprints when the iPad is in use. The case is also easy to clean. I used a wet cloth to wipe away some food I accidentally sat the case on and it came out looking new again.



One bit of advance. Apple recommends to occasionally remove the iPad from any kind of case when charging. The case may overheat the iPad and cause a shorter battery life.



At the time of this review, a third party seller is selling it way above the suggested retail price. I purchased it directly from Apple for under $40. There is no shortage supply so there is no reason to be selling it at such an inflated price ($94).



UPDATE 08/17/2010: I see the 3rd party seller is now offering your order to be fulfilled by Amazon (w/Prime shipping) at a more reasonable price, but it still does not beat the price of getting it directly from Apple. Apple iPad Case (CASE-ZML MC361ZM/B)

It's a nice case and allows for the iPad to be propped up at different angles on flat surface for viewing (touching the screen without holding it at upright angles will knock it over unless you're very gentle). The case is very sleek looking and stylish, but the rubber it's made out of is very rough on your skin. The edges are especially rough and will eventually make it uncomfortable to hold since it will start to wear away and cut into your skin. After a few days of using it, I couldn't stand to keep my iPad in it permanently anymore and will only be using it for when I take the iPad out of the house for protection.

This is by far the best case available for the iPad yet. I've read some of the complaints. I've had no trouble keeping my case clean and I don't find the edges sharp at all. It's the only pad that I tried that does not add a huge amount of extra bulk or weight to it. It's sleek, form fitting, and protects the screen when I'm carrying it around. This case holds the iPad very snug. Is it perfect? No. But for now it's the best one on the market & I'm glad I was finally able to grab one.

After all of the hype about this case and it always being out of stock, I finally lucked out and got one of two left from one of the Apple stores here in Denver.



If there had not been so much hype, I may have liked this more, but overall, I was not impressed with this case.



The case is flimsy and gets dirty and scuffed up really quickly. The microfiber seems to attract and hold dirt and scuff marks.



If you plan on removing your iPad from the case, which I prefer to do at times, you'll have to give it a good fight to remove it from within the case. It's incredibly difficult to do. The iPad is so beautiful and artistically crafted, I don't want to always have it all covered up inside the case, so this became a huge problem.



Also, supposedly this case allows you to stand the iPad up in the optional charging cradle/dock that you can buy for the iPad, but the iPad needed about another 1/4 inch to be able to recognize that it was docked. So I was never able to get it to dock with the optional cradle while in this case - despite what they may claim at the Apple store.



What I DID like about this was that it could stand up in landscape mode in two different positions and angles while in the case, which was nice. Standing up vertically was a bit wobbly and I didn't feel comfortable leaving it that way. I'm not sure it was advertised to do this, so I didn't ding the review rating for that.



My goal now is to find something more durable and protecting of the iPad, which will hold the iPad at different viewing angles, and most importantly, will allow quick removal of the iPad when I want to enjoy it in all it's glory. :)

Been fighting getting this case for sometime, I have always thought of it as one of the worst thing Apple could make, till I tried it on a trip for writing. Turns out it was the best case I ever tried, and I tried so many.



If you have a lot of writing to do on your iPad I highly recommend this case, I don't think anyone made any case that even comes close to what it can do.

I give this product 2 stars because it is thin and works well as a stand. The problem is the sharp weld that goes around the entire edge which digs into one's hands. There is simply no comfortable way to hold an iPad in this case. I can still feel the indentation in my hand from holding it 15 minutes ago. The other problem is that it takes a major effort to remove the iPad from the case which eliminates the possibility switching between use with and without the case. Apple should never have approved this atrocity.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Apple Computer Accessories Apple Computer Accessories