Tuesday 26 April 2011

Cleaner - flat screen, cleaner


I thought that the cleaning solution I had before this was good but the CleanDr is something no person that claims to love their electronics should be without. I used this on my LCD monitor and I could not believe it. The darn thing looked brand new! My family thought I was nuts because I was going around the house cleaning any LCD screen I could find and I even cleaned an old CRT TV with it! I will never use something that isn't a polymer blend cleaner on computer monitors or LCD TV's again. It brings them back to what they should be so that when you see whatever it is your viewing, be it a movie or a document your working on, there is not a single thing getting in your way. No scratches, no smudges, no fingerprints. Nothing but a clear screen! CleanDr 60107 01 LCD/Plasma Screen Cleaner

I just purchased this from Amazon, and was happy to discover that it works exactly as it was promised. It cleans without steaks or residue.



As a special note to shoppers in the market, I purchased the Monster-brand ScreenClean product with Microfiber cloth shortly after I purchased a state-of-the-art HDTV (Samsung 1080p LCD). I had been pleased with the quality and performance of my prior purchases of Monster-brand cables, and thought I could rely on receiving a similar quality product.



I begin using the Monster ScreenClean product with the accompanying Microfiber cloth, as directed. I was shocked to discover that the product left a visible chemical residue on the entire LCD glass. This is a brand new, expensive HDTV, which has been damaged by this product.



As a result, the TV was not usable, and had been rendered worthless. If I could not remove this residue, I would need to purchase a new HDTV.



Even worse, I contacted Customer Service at Monster, but never received a response to my complaint. I believe this product is defective both as to the design of the formula and cloth, and the manner in which it is manufactured. The product should be recalled and either re-formulated or discontinued.



In a happy ending, the CleanDr. Cleaner got rid of the chemical residue from the Monster junk.

Received this item and used it to clean a Panasonic 50" G15 1080p Plasma display being used in a demo environment.



PROS:



-Decent formulation, can remove fingerprints and other dirt quickly and safely.

-New design "60107 2" comes with integrated bottle/cloth unit that stays together in one convenient cylinder.



CONS:



-Can cause major streaks and problems if remaining solution is not fully removed using the dry side of the cloth.

-My bottle is defective and/or was not tightened enough at the factory and had therefore leaked all into the cloth, completely saturating it and leaving me with only 2/3 of the solution remaining.

-Because the bottle had leaked, the cloth (on my inital run) was completely ineffective since you need a dry side to remove the solution from the screen.

-Also, the microfiber cloth is of an extremely cheap manufacture and is very scratchy. This will likely cause the slightest of (hopefully imperceptible) micro scratches in the screen.



CONCLUSION:



Probably not worth the expense. You should find the softest microfiber cloth possible and find a formulation separately or create your own. Make sure to spray the cloth and not the screen. (This is mostly to avoid drips going down into the electronics of certain types of displays.) Also, be sure not to press too hard when cleaning an LCD-type display.

Worked even better than I had originally hoped it would. Did not leave any streaks and picked up everything, even a couple little things I did not expect it to. It's amazing to see what the computer looks like now compared to what it did before. I read somewhere that someone had complained of the scent, though I cleaned 2 screens in my room and still do not smell anything. I definitely recommend this product.

I compared this product side-by-side with Monster iClean+ ScreenClean and found them to be similar in almost every respect... except value. CleanDr includes a much larger microfiber cleaning cloth and 8oz of cleaning fluid as opposed to Monster's two 1.52oz bottles of cleaning fluid. Both require a bit of work, but eventually produce a clean, streak-free display. Given that this product includes 5X more cleaning fluid, I think it's a clear winner!

I am the proud owner of a 42" Panasonic 3D plasma TV. It produces a brilliant picture and has an anti-glare coating on the screen that really helps out in bright light. However, it has one flaw, it attracts my cat like a magnet. My TV stand sits low to the ground, making it very accessible to that little weasel. She just loves to block my view while watching Battlestar Galactica and she gets nose prints all over the screen. The other day she sneezed on it a left a lovely spray pattern. After scouring the interwebs for a way to properly clean an anti-glare plasma screen to no avail. I ended up resorting to the manufacture's instructions. It says to take slightly damp rag and lightly wipe the screen. Well, it worked. Cat snot gone! Only problem is now my screen is a horrible, streaky, mess! Much worse than before! Now amount of wiping and re-wiping with a dry cloth would work. That's when I came here and found this stuff. It seemed to get good reviews and I figured what the hell? I just used it today and it works awesome! It totally got rid of the water streaks. My screen isn't 100% streak free like the day I got it , but it's pretty damn close. I would recommend this to any one with a plasma screen with an anti-glare/cat-sneeze coating. Great product!

I bought the Monster Screenclean when I bought my new Panasonic 50" Plasma V10 TV almost 2 years ago. I wanted to use a product that was made for cleaning LCD/Plasma TV's and Computer screens. The Monster Screenclean cleaned off finger prints and dust, but left a residue that I could not remove even when using a clean dry cloth at the end of cleaning the screen. Enter CleanDr Screen Cleaner! I received this from Amazon in one day and immediately cleaned my 26" Samsung LCD PC Monitor. NO Steaks!! I tried it on my 50" Panasonic plasma (which still had streaks left on it from the Monster) and It was easy to apply to the included cloth and then wipe the screen clean without any residue left on the screen! It looks BRAND NEW!



I know this is a cleaning product and I would not usually take the time to review a cleaning product, but felt I had to. To all of you who are frustrated by other screen cleaners (Especially the Monster), this is your solution. - Cleaner - Screen Cleaner - Flat Screen - Lcd Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cleaner - flat screen, cleaner flat screen Cleaner - flat screen, cleaner