Tuesday 26 April 2011

Cover - cover, kindle accessory


Just received this kindle jacket and I couldn't be more pleased. Fits like a glove and holds the kindle securely in place. I think it looks really classy too. The cover has a hidden magnetic closure so when you fold the front of the cover all the way back it stays put which makes it really easy to read the kindle with one hand. I also like the weight of the cover, with the kindle inside it is still very light weight and comfortable to hold. It also looks and fells very well made. No complaints here, love this item! M-Edge Classic Kindle Jacket, Maroon (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle)

Got a Kindle for Christmas and immediately went looking for a cover. I was quite pleased with this cover after getting it. It fits the Kindle perfectly and makes it look like a classic bound book, which for me was worth the extra cost. (Also, it is almost exactly the same size as the Moleskine notebook I carry, and they fit well next to each other in my computer bag.) This cover holds onto the Kindle at the corners, with two stiff leatherette holders at the bottom and reinforced elastic at the top.



My only complaint is that at the top outside corner, the elastic is pulling the inner and outer layers of the back cover apart from each other. This is not after heavy use, mostly the Kindle has been sitting around during the holidays. I am traveling too much for it to be worth the delay of exchanging it, so I will likely just glue it up myself. Nice cover, but for the price being charged, I expected it to be free of defects.

This cover fits my new Kindle well, protects it and looks great. It seems well made and has several inside pockets. The only thing I wished it would fit the M-Edge reading light better. I can't lay the light down and close the cover completely. Since I store my reading light with the Kindle, I just have to be a little careful what I put on top of the cover. Otherwise, a nice accessory.

When I got my Kindle, I immediately started looking for a good cover to protect it. Since I already wanted very much for my Kindle case to make my Kindle look like a book, I was excited when I found this product. I ordered this case in Maroon.



It has now been about four months since I got my Classic Kindle Jacket. I'm still very happy with my purchase. The case has generally survived wear and tear well. The case is somewhat prone to dirt, dust and grease. If I bring my case out to dinner with me, I have to be careful with it not to let anything get on it because some substances don't come out well. When I've tried to clean the cover with a damp rag, a little bit of red dye usually comes off on the rag but it doesn't leave a faded spot where I cleaned it. Despite a bit of care required, my case has held up very well. It's still in good condition, it hasn't broken or frayed and has never come close to dropping my Kindle. The cover is very hard and has actually protected my Kindle from a few bumps and bruises included being dropped twice, having a laptop set on it, and having a remote dropped on it directly over the screen area.



The cover makes the Kindle a good deal heavier, but for me that's a major plus. The Kindle itself felt way too light and fragile for my tastes; I was not only afraid of damaging it, but reading it felt too little like reading an actual book. The weight this cover added to my Kindle made it the perfect weight to feel like holding a real book. Although I can fold back the cover and keep it in place with the magnets, sometimes I read it open like a book because it feels more natural to me.



The leather binding has held up well for me and survives being opened all the way backwards repeatedly without trouble. I was concerned that when I bent the cover backwards to read it like a Kindle, the binding would wear or break, but so far it hasn't.



I keep business cards in the little pockets inside the Kindle case and sometimes I use the bigger pocket to hold important papers I'll need right away. It's important to note that the bigger inner pocket isn't big enough to hold full sized papers or a lot of paper work; it's more suited to just a few important documents you'll need that day, but which you don't mind folding in half.



I've had quite a positive response from people who have seen my Kindle case. People usually think it's really cool that I have a Kindle that still looks and feels like a real book. As much of a tech fan as I am, I really like still having the feel of carrying a book around with me as opposed to another piece of technology. The case just makes bringing my Kindle with me feel more like bringing a library of books in one book, instead of something cold and mechanical. As someone who grew up reading a lot in the 80's and 90's, the size and feel of this case really make me remember carrying books around as a kid.



I will agree with some of the less positive reviews that this case seems a little over priced. When I ordered this case, based on the price I was expecting something a little fancier than what I got. I was a little disappointed when the product arrived, and I saw that the materials and craftsmanship didn't really reflect a cost of $50 in my view. However, in my time of using this case I've decided that the $50 was worth it for a pretty durable and unique case.



Overall, I'm happy with this case and have not so far seen a case that I would have liked more. Aside from seeming a little overpriced, I'm very happy with it. - Cover - Kindle Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cover - cover, kindle accessory kindle accessory Cover - cover, kindle accessory