Tuesday 26 April 2011

Binding Posts - pyle, binding posts


This is a great wall plate and feels quite sturdy. It comes in two pieces -- an inner plate with all of the terminals and then the outer plate that looks like your standard wall plate. The only thing that confused me was that it included two sets of screws (one set of small screws and one set of long screws). It took me a few minutes to figure out, as there are no directions included. You use the long screws to attach the inner plate to your 2-gang box, then the small screws attach the outer plate to the inner plate. Pyle Home PHIW71 7.1 Home Theater 14 Post Binding/Banana Plug with Dual RCA Subwoofer Posts Wall Plate (White)

Like stated in many of the other reviews, getting the speaker wire configured on the back side is a bit of a hassle, but manageable. I chose to deal with this complexity by removing all of the connections (which is easy enough to do) and starting at the bottom and working your my way up. This allowed for ample space to allow my not too skinny fingers to tighten the connections with little to no interference from the other connectors.



However once the back is configured you then have to deal with the front. Again, I managed to get the wire into the holes and tighten the connections adequately.



A week later I sought to make the connections cleaner and easier to disconnect/reconnect so I bought some Belkins Banana Plugs (AV54004). I highly recommend buying as many as you need for all your connections at the same time you order this wall plate. You will not regret either purchase.Belkin PureAV AV54004 Do-It-Yourself Gold Banana Plugs, 4-Pack

Overall this is a good product, however, I found it very difficult to tighten some of the screws because the binding posts are so close together. It seems like the the manufacturer could have aligned the screw holes to make this easier. I finally got it done using an eyeglass screw driver, but it wasn't easy.

I used almost all of the connectors on this unit to hook up in-ceiling speakers so I had many wires to connect. When I first looked at the little set screw on the back that I was going to need to tighten I was like---"Oh this is going to be fun". However, if you loosen the connectors and turn the screw to face out, it really is not that hard to connect the wires. You will need a good small screwdriver like the one electriicans use for small control terminals.



Be careful not to lose any of the set screws that may have fallen off and are trapped inside the plastic blister wrap package!

I still have not completely installed this plate although I like the way it looks and eventually what it will do to my home theatre setup. My biggest complaint, and frankly uncertainty is how to properly connect the backside of the plate. The back has binding posts like I have not seen before (although I am no expert). You have to unscrew the back nut almost all the way as the hole for the wire is near the end of the post. There are tiny little screws in each of the holes right now, and if I unscrew them to create a hole, I can't quite figure out how to secure the speaker wire in there. Finally, all of those tiny screws appear to be different lengths. So if I try to just put the wires in from the back and hope the tiny screw holds them in place, it does for some (the longer screws) and the others just pull right out. I'm pretty frustrated. Why couldn't the back be a normal binding post like the front? I would love advice from anyone that has some with the backside of this plate. Thanks

Like some of the reviews the screws in the back are a little difficult. The other then that no issues wish I could rate it 4 1/2 stars.

You can use this in a standard decora outlet cover, I placed mine in a four gang wall plate.

No issues with sound quality.

Great product that is surprisingly well built (and heavy). It was exactly what I needed to finish off my home theater room. As others have indicated, you have to be patient and careful putting it all together as it is extremely cramped in the back when you have everything connected.

on the back of the wall plate if you are using the binding posts. With the tight spacing between adjacent posts, it is difficult to get wires in the holes unless you remove the hardware and adjust their positions. I used banana plugs on the front and they work great. The binding nuts feel a little cheap as they are thin and the threads aren't perfect, but they do the job. - Connectors - Pyle - Wall Plate - Binding Posts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information