Wednesday 27 April 2011

Storage Box - box, boxes


I never do reviews because usually, at worst, a product is on the underside of decent. I really feel a civic duty to do my best to protect someone else's $10 bill. I bought two of these. This thing is cardboard with very weak buttons holding the thing together. Any kind of movement while transporting (all transporting involves movement, right?) will cause this piece of crap to collapse and sling your papers in all directions. If you're not convinced, contact me and you can have mine. I'm serious. Please don't get these things unless you need cardboard or buttons (you'd probably be better off buying them separately). Please don't buy this crap. 1 star because 0 wasn't an option. I'm literally begging-DON'T BUY THIS CRAP. Snap-N-Store File Box, Letter/Legal Size, Glossy Black (SNS01536)

For $10, a great price.



Amazon shipping was sloppy and some box tops were crushed at corners, however. I bought 16 boxes, and the box Amazon shipped in was too flimsy, and they did not use enough padding.



I use these to store out of season clothes, and for light stuff like that, these boxes are more than sufficient. I put the clothes in large ziplocs first, as the boxes are hardly airtight.



I much prefer this wipe clean glossy surface to the dust magnet materials such as wicker or baskets or canvas. Also, these are not staticky the way plastic bins and totes are.

I purchased three of these file holders and I thought that I had finally found the solution to a messy car. I am an independent, manufactures representative. I have 10+ active lines that I market every work day. I bought these to give some organization to sales literature and sell sheets in the back of my Subaru Tribecca. I carefully put them together, filled them with files and literature. By simply touching the box front all 6-snaps disengage and the box falls apart. I have the files placed on the letter side and that was a disaster. I turned and put the files on the legal side and still the whole box nearly falls apart when to look at it. I double reinforced the snaps with tape and even attempted to super-glue them together...NOTHING WORKS! I thought $10 was a good price for a great solution, instead I just wasted $30 because I bought three of them.

I use these for letter size storage, and I love the fact that I get more space because they can also be used for legal size storage. I bought them together with Pendaflex Recycled Standard Green 1/5-Cut Tab Hanging File Folders, 25 per Pack (81602) and together, they are perfect for storing papers that I can't get rid of. Cheap, easy, but sturdy enough.

Bought three of these file boxes to hold letter-sized file folders. They're certainly not the sturdiest boxes, but for getting an ever-growing pile of "important" papers organized and off of tabletops and floors, they're great. I don't often access the files in them--really just open them to file away more papers--so if you need to move the boxes frequently, I'd suggest going with something stronger. Fine for mostly untouched storage. The tops are slightly loose, but that's necessary for fitting over hanging file tabs. Some reviewers have mentioned having trouble snapping them together, but I don't believe it's impossible; just lay the snap side flat of the floor and give it a good whack with your fist. Haven't had problems with the snaps coming undone, even with considerable paper weight inside.

I would definitely recommend this for temporary storage. If your were storing heavy files, it would probably be better to get a sturdier box.

This box is made of a plastic-like material that is snapped together by rivets in the corners. I store light magazines in mine and it has served the job beautifully. - Boxes - Storage Box - Box - Black'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Storage Box - box, boxes box Storage Box - box, boxes