Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bose In-ear Headphones


I've been looking for a good pair of headphones for running for a long time and these are great! They stay in place and you barely even realize you have them on. They do not subtantially block external noise, but I want to know when a car or truck is coming at me, so that isn't a bad thing. My only real question is how long they will last. Bose® IE2 audio headphones

I recently purchased these to substitute for my Bose over the ear headphones. I liked the sound that the over the ear headphones provide and the reviews were good for these so I decided to give them a try. First of all the sound is very good in my opinion and comparable to my over the ear headphones from Bose. I think that sound quality is subjective to the individual, so if you like the sound Bose products give, you will likely enjoy these headphones. They don't do a tremendous job of noise canceling but if you look at the paperwork included, Bose states that they are not designed to do so.



They really are very comfortable to wear. I've tried the regular tips and the stayhear tips and I wouldn't want to wear just the regular tips as they wouldn't stay in my ears. The stayhear tips are super comfortable and after a while I almost forget they are in my ears. Bose means it when they say that these headphones aren't in-ear headphones, but that's why I like them. Every in-ear headphone I've tried no matter what the tips are made of or how they are shaped make my ears hurt after a while and are ultimately just too uncomfortable (which is why I've used my ipod headphones for so long- they aren't in-ear).



Finally addressing an issue another reviewer had- they stated that in an environment with more background noise i.e. a subway station or on an airplane, the headphones were rendered useless. I don't personally feel that this is the case. I work in a microbiology lab and wear them while I'm working at two hoods both with blowers that make a lot of noise (they blow filtered air at me to prevent contamination). While it is true that I might have to turn the volume up slightly to compensate, these headphones are totally usable in a noisier environment and I can hear my music and audiobooks clearly. If I were using any other headphone in these conditions I would have to turn up the volume to a dangerous level for my hearing just to compensate for the noise of the hood. I feel that this reviewer shouldn't criticize a product based on characteristics they feel the product should have but never claim to have. If you want an in-ear headphone and the noise cancellation that in-ears would provide don't buy these then complain they don't cancel out outside noise.



I feel that the cord is also comparable to any headphone product out there. It's a pretty standard length and it's nothing special, but the one thing I do like about it, that I have never received in another headphone is the clip! I love the clip because it keeps the cord from getting caught on things and keeps it out of my work when I'm moving around in the hood. It is a great addition and I didn't know what I was missing until now!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bose In-ear Headphones Bose In-ear Headphones Bose In-ear Headphones