Wednesday 27 April 2011

Cordless Electric Lawn Mower - cordless electric lawn mower, self-propelled


When my Toro self-propelled recycler mower finally lost its ability to be self propelled I simply used it as a push mower. Then the mower developed other problems so I decided to replace it. My yard is approximately 6000 square feet with a fairly steep sloping front and relatively flat sides and back areas. Since I had been using the Toro as a push mower, I decided to replace it with a push mower instead of a self propelled model. My lawn is comprised of tall fescue grass and is quite thick because I maintain it. I've always mulched the lawn so I was interested in getting another mower that mulched as well as the Toro did. After starting to research mowers I quickly became overwhelmed by the number of different brands of mowers, engine types and sizes, self-propelled or push, electric start or pull start, price ranges, and a variety of other factors. Actually, I was shocked to read that a top-rated Honda mower would cost me $800.00. For a lawn mower? I finally decided that the Lawn Boy 10603 would be suitable for my purpose, especially since it had high ratings for its mulching ability. I bought the mower at a local HD instead of from Amazon mainly because of the many reviews I read about the poor packaging of the mower.



I was especially interested in the claim that the Lawn Boy would start on the first pull, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually did so. Set up of the mower was quite simple and it took me about 15 minutes to get it out of the box and have it ready to mow. I started by mowing the flat side of my yard and immediately noticed that it seemed to be quite hard to push. In fact, it was harder to push the Lawn Boy than it was to push the Toro. When I started mowing the steep front part of the lawn I was struggling to get the thing up the hill. I'm 6 feet tall, weigh 210 pounds and am in fairly good shape so I was depressed about my inability to easily push the mower up the hill. It finally dawned on me to check the weight of the mower and was surprised to find that it weighs almost 70 pounds. That might not sound like much, but it is. Before you buy this mower, get a wheelbarrow and fill it with any kind of material until you have a total weight, including the wheelbarrow, of 70 pounds. Push that around on a flat surface for a while and then push it up and down a hill and see how it feels. If you have no problem doing that for about 45 minutes then by all means buy this mower. If not, you will need to buy either a push mower that weighs far less, or go with a self-propelled model. In spite of its weight, I gave the mower a good rating because it starts on the first pull and it mulches extremely well. I returned the mower and got the model 10604, which is the same mower except it is self-propelled. The variable speed works well and I can now mow my lawn without struggling. Lawn Boy 10603 20-Inch 149cc 6-1/2 GT OHV Kohler Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower

I have been using a similar Lawn Boy mower for more than a decade. Little pieces break and a screw gets lost here and there, but the old mower kept running. In short, we didn't do much on upkeep and it kept on chugging. Now, time for a new model and this arrived, delivered free with Prime shipping to my door, and virtually no setup. 1) take out of box, 2) unfold handle, 3) add the entire 20 oz of oil supplied, 4) add gas, and 5) 1 pull and I was mowing. The back bag system and mulching are standard. For free, you get a side discharge attachment also sent free from Lawn Boy when you register. And goodness, I have never seen an easier registration system online. Push 1 button while registering, and you get the side discharger shipped free. Even the model number and serial number are printed on the included manual.



I spend so much time with poorly planned manuals, difficult registration, and tedious setups. We need to notice when a company gets it right. Good job Lawn Boy.



I put aside a half hour to "get to know my mower", using the manual. I needed 5 minutes. Simple, basic, system. Seems like standard mowers have gotten a lot easier to use without much increase in price.



I couldn't buy this any cheaper at Lowe's, Menards, or Ace. So far, 1 mowing down and it worked very well. Impressive simplicity in starting.

Amazon delivered in 2 days and the assembly took less than 10 minutes. New Kohler engine is fantastic and starts on the first pull. Rear bag does not hold a lot of grass otherwise I would have given a 5 star review but my yard is small so it works fine for me. I have only had this mower for a couple of weeks but it has met and exceeded my expectations.

The oil container was punctured during shipping and emptied about 1/2 qt all over the mower and box. The hight adjustment levers for the rear wheels were bent and their plastic end caps were cracked. I've used the mower 6 times so far, and it mulches the grass. Tall or thick wet grass requires a second pass or slower walking speed. The rear discharge opening is tiny, but the bag thing works pretty well. The mower does start with one pull. There is no manual throttle control. Handle height is not adjustable, and is a little high for me -- I'm 6ft tall. Build and finish quality appear very good. Online warranty registration and ordering the side discharge chute are straightforward. For a sale price of $230 and free ship, this is a good deal for trimming and for small lawns.

The Mower is everything they state it as being. It came just as stated, even free shipping. It was delivered and in very nice condition through the shipment process. The box was opened and the mower removed and was packaged well. It was a quick pull the handle up and hand skrew knobs to adjust the handle to own level. The oil came with it. I placed it in the oil tank. Filled the gas tank with gas and pulled the start and one pull was mowing. Automatic choke and automatic primer. It ran beautiful. I stopped and emptied the grass from bag. It then started in one pull again. The bag is a nice size and easy to handle. It is easy to put back on the mower with no fuss. It is a very affordable price and has a no fuss guarantee. The engine is a Kohler engine and has been made for about 90 years and is also guaranteed. It is reasonably quiet and easy to handle. It mows easily around gardens and obstacles. I knew a man who mowed for golf courses and he knew lawns and lawn mowers and he always recommended Lawn Boys. - Self-propelled - Husqvarna Push Mower - Cordless Electric Lawn Mower - Gas Powered Mower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Electric Lawn Mower - cordless electric lawn mower, self-propelled gas powered mower Cordless Electric Lawn Mower - cordless electric lawn mower, self-propelled