Wednesday 13 April 2011

Sony Subwoofer - sony subwoofer, audio cables


Just bought this cable from Amazon and received it in two days! I ordered a Subwoofer for my AV system from Amazon and then realized I needed a cable. I shopped around the local big box store thinking their prices and selection would be similar to Amazon, but I was wrong. I didn't think the cables they offered were worth the money. Some of the Monster cables were over $40, and the cheapo quality ones were still over $20, and looked like they wouldn't sound very good. So I checked out Amazon and found this 15 foot cable by Belkin. It looked about the same quality as monster, so I decided to give it a shot. So far I am very impressed with the quality. It seems every bit as good as the more expensive Monster cable, but at about 1/4 the price! With gold plated connectors, double shielding and a heavy outer covering, this cable is top notch...don't let the cheap price fool you. I'd say it is a much better value than the other brands. Belkin PureAV AV20500-15 15-Foot Subwoofer Audio Cable

I needed a slightly longer subwoofer cable to replace my 12ft Monster THX subwoofer cable (bought it at Best Buy when used to work there ages ago). I replaced with this cable. No difference in sound quality of course, works just fine.



If you want a well priced, quality subwoofer cable, look no further. The only the difference between this and the Monster cable is the Monster cable looks prettier and it latched on to the input like glue. To me it was more annoying as I really had to yank to pull the sucker out to be replaced, but I suppose some people like this. That's it, period. Sound quality is the same to our ears.

Good quality cable. No issues so far.



- 15ft cable so I could experiment with keeping the subwoofer at different locations in the room



If using Speaker-out connection, It may be a good idea to purchase a Y cable as well so we can clearly know what is the best volume level for the sub.

I have noticed much better and clearer bass audio output from my Onkyo subwoofer using this Belkin subwoofer cable. Belkin makes good quality products that last and this one is no exception. There is no need to buy a Monster subwoofer cable unless you are hooking it up to a $2000+ home theater system!

I was lulled in by the low price like everyone else. The first one of these cables Amazon sent me was faulty and wouldn't transmit a signal at all. The replacement they sent transmits a signal, but not efficiently. I had to tweak the LFE settings on my amp to get any sound out of my sub. After the tweaks the sound is good, but isn't any better than a cheap cable.



Out of curiosity I swapped in an old junky rca cable and it actually worked better. I've tested with other cables too, so I know that the problem isn't with my amp.



It's possible that I just have bad luck and that Amazon sent me two faulty cables. Whether it's bad luck or just a bad cable brand, my advice is to not buy this cable unless you like taking chances.

This cable works fine when all the equipment is turned on, but when my receiver is in standby mode, the subwoofer emits a constant low-pitch hum. Initially I thought it was a fault with my receiver but I tried it on two other receiver/subwoofer systems and had the same problem. I ending up buying another cable from radio-shack and it seems to work much better.

I ordered the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) to go with my Yamaha CRX-330BL Micro Component Receiver CD Player Unit and bought Belkin PureAV AV20500-15 15-Foot Subwoofer Audio Cable to connect them. It turns out you also need a Monster ILJRY-1 F Single Female RCA to Dual Male RCA Y-Adapter to feed the signal into both channels of the subwoofer, or it doesn't work right. Once I got all the components, it's fine, but it took a week and two orders to figure it all out.

This subwoofer cable feels solid; my first impression was that I purchased a good quality cable. The cable is longer than what I need for my setup, but it's a good length to keep the subwoofer at a distance from the other equipment. For $10 you can't beat it! - Audio Cables - Subwoofer Cables - Sony Subwoofer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information