Thursday 28 April 2011

Sandwich Toaster - proctor silex, sandwich toaster


I used to have one of these back in college, ate them all the time, until I graduated and chucked mine out...regretted it to this day so I got another.



We have a foreman - makes great panini but these sandwich makers are one of a kind and can't be replicated in any other machine.



It's for sure a unitasker

You can't use pepridge farm loaves - the slices are too big, think of generic white bread size and you're in luck. Big slices will hang off the side and not give you the perfect triangles you need. You can cut bread to size but that's a lot of work.



you don't need to lube the machine (it's non stick, and you don't need to butter the outside of the bread) - that's just added calories



Suggestions:

I buy a GIANT bag (talking costco size) of mexican cheese blend

Faves: Pepperoni & Cheese

Ham & Cheese

Hot Dog and Cheese

Salami and Cheese

Peanut Butter Sandwiches (I have an aversion to jam/jellys/marmalade) so the gooey peanut butter is awesome.



I rarely use any seasoning in it



Dessert:

Nutella - that's it, nutella

If you're fruity - maybe some strawberry jam/marmalade



Now that I'm grown and with my own fridge, I'm definitely going to be more creative (although the above mentions are still my favorite) YUM!

Quick meals 2-3 minutes cook time with maybe 2-3 minutes prep time.



Also great for kiddos. The sandwiches are small enough (triangles) for my 2 year old's hands, PB&J and FlufferNutter, just don't leave it in too long, or the gooey stuff gets a bit hot and can be dangerous.

This is exactly like the one I had when my husband and I got married many years ago. Thankfully the company knew they had a "keeper" by not changing a thing about the sandwich maker. It's very easy to use and easy to clean. Anyone with children will appreciate this as kids like to "create" their own sandwiches and with little or no supervision, depending on their age, your kids will come to love the concept of being able to make their own sandwich with this little gem.

I ordered this for my 14 Yr. old Grandson at Christmas. He absolutely loves it! It does everything it says and is easy to use. Now, he can make sandwiches for us. Good product and arrived in time for Christmas.

I was forced to break the lock button on the very first use! The actual toasting is pretty decent. However, with the very first use, the lock button wouldn't release. I actually had to insert a knife to pry the halves apart, which broke the lock. The unit still works. Very, very disappointing, Proctor Silex.



Update: after perhaps a few dozen uses, the non-stick coating (along one dividing edge) has now started to wear off. Because these flakes are potentially carcinogenic when carcinogenic, into the garbage the sandwich maker has gone. How utterly disappointing, P S. - Sandwich Press - Sandwich Toaster - Proctor Silex'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information