Thursday 28 April 2011

Low Discharge Nimh - eneloop, rechargeable batteries


With all the pre-charged batteries from different manufacturers out there now, there is no need for 1-time use alkaline batteries anymore.



Using my Lacrosee BC-700 battery charge/test function, the 4 "AAA" batteries performed as follows:



Battery 1 = 846 mAh

Battery 2 = 874 mAh

Battery 3 = 876 mAh

Battery 4 = 860 mAh

(See picture on customers' submitted images)



Straight from the box, the batteries show remaining voltages between 1.31 to 1.32 volts (see pic above). All packs more juice compared to its rated capacity of 800 mAh. Comparable to the capacities of Eneloops and Duracell.



I have been using pre-charged batteries for everything now, from toys, digital cameras, clocks, to remote controls. AmazonBasics AAA NiMH Precharged Rechargeable Batteries (4-Pack, 800 mAh)

These batteries work well for my applications, but didn't came fully charged. One of my devices rejected it at first but after a recharge they work perfectly.

One minor complaint is that this battery is "slightly" longer than a Sanyo Eneloop AAA and it did not fit in one of my devices, but that does not concern me. Overall I'm pleased with this product.

I got these as a replacement for the batteries in my wireless house phones. They had a higher capacity (800mAh vs. the stock 600mAh ones) so now my phones last longer. They didnt seem to be charged on arrival though, but after overnight in the charger, my phones are working great. These seem to last just as long as the rechargeable duracells I bought, but these are cheaper. I would go with whichever is a lower price, because they all seem to perform about the same. I'd bet they are re-branded from the same factory anyway.

The super tough plastic that holds the four batteries in a brick is NOT FRUSTRATION FREE. In fact, cutting it open with scissors to free the batteries I cut the thin plastic wrapping on one battery. Now I have three Amazon batteries and one plain grey metal cylinder. Don't even get me started on the 50X bigger than the batteries box with tough plastic seal on it. This is a small item, so standardizing the cardboard box is no big deal. But for something advertized as frustration free you shouldn't have to gnaw through two separate plastic seals, one of which completely entombed the product, just to get it out.



No opinion yet on the batteries, I'm tired from getting to them. Maybe more later. - Amazonbasics - Rechargeable Batteries - Eneloop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Low Discharge Nimh - eneloop, rechargeable batteries eneloop Low Discharge Nimh - eneloop, rechargeable batteries