Thursday 28 April 2011

Framing Tool


I made a bunch of picture frames last summer and needed something affordable to push in the retaining pins/nails for the backing. These pliers worked great!

I looked in all my woodworking catalogs and found nothing under $30 to do the same job these guys did for less than $15. Plus, with the Prime Shipping, I got them in two days without freight! Big Horn 19120 Picture Frame Pliers

I make my own frames for my slightly 3-D "paper dolls with deep personal issues" especially the art for my book- "The Word Project: Odd & Obscure Words- Illustrated (available on Amazon.com: [...] ) This brad pusher makes the task so much easier and secures the art work so much better than just awkwardly tapping in the brads with a hammer as I had to do before. It may seem silly to get such joy out of so small a thing but I love this tool and am so happy to have purchased it.

I purchased this tool to insert brads into a frame to secure a painting. Although the magnets worked to hold the small nails ready for insertion, it (the magnet) broke as soon as any force was applied. The tool in general was of a high quality and even though the magnet broke, it can be easily overlooked and used without any magnetism. Just adjust the handle a bit. I would recommend this tool since it could be used even without a working magnet.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Framing Tool Framing Tool Framing Tool