Thursday 28 April 2011

Industrial - pants, 511


I brought 5 pairs of these to Iraq where I work as a contractor. They are comfortable and stand up to the KBR laundry well. They have a cell phone/radio/flashlight pocket, and pockets on the legs. The leg pockets are good for taking food out of the DFAC. There's a metal ring for your keys or ID badge. There's a strap on the hip where you can hang your kevlar if you need to. The back pockets seal with velcro so nothing will fall out. These are really good pants for hostile environments. Get the khaki color because it hides the dust well. The 5.11 polos are good too. 5.11 Tactical Cotton Pant, Khaki, 32x30

I believe these are the best casual pants I've ever owned. Even though I'm not in a hostile environment (unless you count grad school as hostile), their durability and features are welcome additions. I love the weight of the cotton and the bar-tacking and other little touches -- like the extra reinforcement at the pocket edges to protect against abrasion from clipping on knives, flashlights, etc. The pockets are roomy and lay flat when not in use. Although I generally avoid velcro on clothing, they use the high quality stuff on these pants and it's not annoying or cheap-looking at all. And if those are not reasons enough: the cellphone/magazine pocket is exactly the right size for an iPhone -- I tested it with both the original and a 3G model and it's almost as if it was custom made for it (I swear must have been).

5.11 pants are by far the most superior product on the market for the tactical professional. Plenty of cargo space and unique touches make these pants a must have. They stand up to rugged terrain and hostile situations. You will not find a more durable line of clothing. HIGHLY Recommended!

Usually when a product has only positive reviews (a negative review that has nothing to do with the product itself doesn't count) always makes me a bit skeptic, but I'm now a believer.



To be fair I've only had these pants for a week, but here's the story so far -



I received the box 2 days after completing my order through Amazon. As I handled the box, I immediately noticed two things - the tape was coming off a bit and there was a bit of heft for a box that supposedly only contained two pairs of pants.

As I went inside and eagerly tore away the plastic wrapping, I could feel the durable material with which my new pants were made. It's thick, durable, and just a bit rough to the touch. I put them on, half expecting a itchy reception, but found the fit to be comfortable and warm.



In the course of the last week I've climbed trees, jumped walls, swung kettlebells and was down on my knees trying to revive a fire in the fireplace. Through it all, they've been comfortable and easy to move in. I'm only worried about the thickness of the material becoming an issue in the summer time when it tends to reach into the high 90's and gets really, really humid.

These pants satisfy everything I was looking for in a pair of work-pants. I am a claims adjuster and as part of my job, I generally spend 1 - 2 hours per claim on the structure's roof. Living in Texas, this can be EXTREMELY hot and my cotton Polo Chinos weren't cutting it as the cotton was like a sauna thereby not letting me stay (relatively) cool. So I wanted some pants that would achieve this but that were also stylish. These pants not only fit the bill on those accounts, but they have numerous deep pockets that let me secure my gear without worrying about my tape measure or other equipment falling off of the roof or me having to make more than 1 trip to get what I need on the roof with me. I am definitely going to buy more of these and I recommend them 100% for anyone who wants a stylish pant and who works in a hot environment and needs to carry various tools.

These pants are comfortable, durable, and come in the advertised size. My only confusion, was that different colors had different prices. I see no reason for this ( they are all the same ), except maybe a color overun.

I bought a couple pairs of these pants from the PX when I was deployed and wore them around on R&R. I liked them even more than my ACU pants and decided to buy more when I redeployed, to wear at home and on casual days at my civilian job. These are a great product, I'd recommend them to anyone who likes cargo pants, definitely more functional than jeans with room for wallet, cell phone, keys, without feeling like you're carrying a bunch of junk on your hips. And 5.11's cotton canvas pants are just as rugged as any pair of jeans - a nice heavy, but comfortable material. I prefer these to the loose-fitting Levi's that I always wore for casual situations or for any outdoor/manual work. I highly recommend them, they'll last a long time and it's hard to go back to pants without cargo pockets after you get used to carrying your stuff around in them.

As a student of law enforcement, I put these pants through some brutal exercises, and weekly dry cleaning with Heavy starch. They continue to function and look professional 6+ months after my last purchase of these pants. These are maybe a little on the expensive side, but they will hold up like no other cargo pant will. Plenty of function built into these pants for a law enforcement officer. - Tactical - Cargo Pants - 511 - Pants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Industrial - pants, 511 pants Industrial - pants, 511