Friday 11 March 2011

Very Usefull - hdmi, hdtv


I have my Dish Receiver and Blu-ray player plugged into this switch. They both only take a couple of seconds for a successful HDCP handshake with this switch. I can't attest to the long term reliability of this product having it only for a few days. However, it seems to work well in terms of functionality and picture quality. The provided remote also works quite well. It also seems to remain very cool considering it is a HDMI amplifier and not a passive unit.



The reality is that this is a no name electronic product from China. I don't really see a brand name anywhere. Therefore, my main concern is longevity. Only time will tell. HDMI 3 Port Gold Platted Switch Switcher w/ IR Remote For HDTV Direct TV PS3 LCD Plasma

It does the job of switching between Tivo and Bluray, on an older DLP set with only one HDMI input.



One little complaint; the remote has those plastic-foil buttons and is powered by a watch battery. So you have to aim is straight at the box and push hard. I just rubber banded it to the back of my stereo remote so I don't lose it.

The idea is good, the price is great and most of the reviews are super. But you can get the automatic switch version for about the same price (I did after buying this) and it is super. I couldn't figure out why I was getting what appeared to be interference in all my videos running off a WD Passport drive. I even bought new HDMI cables thinking that was it. There were bright sparkles moving across the screen in all frames. No matter what I tried, they were always there and made the movies unwatchable. After I received the auto switch no more sparkles. Beautiful clear picture and it really does switch to the active source automatically. This is the one you want: 3 Port Smart Auto HDMI Switch

by Game Infinity, currently $30 and change.



I might have just gotten a defective one with bad circuitry, but I suspect I will have a very hard time getting a refund as the warranty return insert that comes with the first unit has so many exclusions that unless your unit is eaten by an aardvark, you probably are out of luck. Be prepared to be out your purchase price.

Nowhere on the item description does it say this product come's with a foreign power transformer. There is no way to plug this adapter into a United States Spec Plug. False advertising, product does not work and was not sold as described.



Went to store to purchase a universal adapter. When plugged in, this also did not work, meaning unit was dead and defective. Complete waste of time and money.



Do yourself a favor and buy something else. Will be returning for refund.

The item that gets all the good reviews must be a different one than the one I received today. No BOX, just a PLASTIC BAG with the unit, the remote and the power supply that you can't use. The power supply will plug fit outlets in Germany! But will not plug into the outlets in my home in USA. I will not even open the bag. It looks like a returned unit. This is a buyer beware item. No instructions either. I get the feeling that if this unit was sold by Amazon it would be a new in the box unit, but it is sold by a different seller. This gives me even more reason to make sure that what I'm buying is sold by Amazon!

i can't believe people gave this a good review.this is the worst hdmi switch box you will ever come across.half the time the remote doesn't work and this is with a brand new battery.the other things that are wrong with it is the picture.lots of times you get fuzzy lines so you have to keep changing the switch on the box and go to video 2 and then video 3 and then back to video 1 to get the picture to show up with no lines and with sound again.and that doesnt always work.sometimes you have to turn it off and back on again and that doesn't always fix the problem.so this thing is just one headache after another.i am back on amazon to order a different box and hopefully i will find a better one.anything will be better than this one.

I purchased this item based upon the few good reviews it has here and was not disappointed. It works flawlessly right out of the box. For a "no-name" HDMI switch at this price, you cannot do any better. Definitely Recommended!

Received this about 3 weeks ago not bad, working very good, I only have one hdmi input on my hdtv so this is doing the job for my sony upconvert dvd player hd and dishnetwork box. Give it a try if you need extra hdmi inputs. Would Like to know the life span on this unit HDMI 3 Port Gold Platted Switcher made in China

Fantastic product I puchased this product 1 month ago. It works great!!! I have a panny 1080p television with a nice picture, this product upgraded the signal to 1440. really. I recommmend this product to anyone and save yourself a couple hundred dollars. - Hdmi - Hdtv - Hdmi Switcher - 1080p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information