Friday 11 March 2011

Best Belgian Waffle Maker - wafflemaker, waring pro


This waffle maker makes the best waffles ever! They are large and you can make 2 at once. Machine is easy to use, beeps when it has heated to the correct temperature, add your batter and it beeps again when the waffles are ready. Simple and DELICIOUS!!!



After reading all the issues with flip waffle makers I was rather hesitant to purchase one. I was originally looking at the Warring 300 (single unit) but having heard issues with the hinge, i decided not to. Upon looking at this double unit, I feel the hinge is definitely better and purchased it.



I typically use Bisquik for my waffles. Nothing all that fancy. I seasoned the iron with vegtable oil. The first time i filled the included cup, spread it out and it slightly spilled out - not much at all. I had the unit set for 4.5 since we prefer crispy waffles. I flipped the unit and poured in slightly less. I flipped it again. Oddly enough, the second pour was on the bottom and was done first. It came out a bit dark but more than usable. It stuck a bit. Poured more in and the first pour was done. It was lighter. Moral here, quantity is just as important as temp setting. Once I figured it out, all were golden brown. Later we preferred the temp at setting 4.



Also, I can see why some of the hinges can fail on flip units. AS the batter puffed up, it can put strain on the hinge possibly damaging it. My suggestion is to use less mix at first and creep up to full with your mix so you can determine the right amount to use that will not stress it. I had the top waffle pop the top open so I can see how it could stess the hinge.



I gave this a 4 our of 5 because I hate the fact that there is no indicator on the handles which way to turn it. I ended up putting a silver sharpie arrow on each to indicate which direction it will turn freely in. I think some could damage the unit if forced to turn in the wrong direction. Also, I found that you had to be particular how you took the waffle out. If taken out by a dividing line or not causes them to stick more easily. I did find that sticking was lessened the more I used it. I seasoned per the instructions but set it up on #6 temp setting during seasoning. It could be I need a bit more oil in the mix, too.



To me this is a real keeper. The waffles are crispy and delicate within. The outer crispy layer is thin real nice. I had a 10+ year old cuisinart before and it made the crispy layer a bit too think. this is much thicker and better. I would recommend it to everyone. this unit is 1400 watts.

I have recently purchased a Waring Pro double Belgian waffle maker and am very pleased with this product. I make waffles every Sunday for my family of 5 and I was growing weary of the single waffle maker. The double waffle maker is quick to heat up and quick to cook. The waffles were very large and fluffy and each one is cooked to perfection and are exactly the same. The only disadvantage is the griddles are not removable for cleaning and can only be wiped down. The waffle maker is basically sturdy, however I think they could have upgraded the plastic knob.

This review is the result of many frustrating hours of waffle making using the WMK600. I have used the WMK300 and WMK300a for several years with great success. I purchased the WMK600 to handle times when I had guests. After close inspection, I noticed the WMK600 waffle maker doesn't have the same waffle pattern as the wmk300 or wmk300a. The WMK600 Waffle pattern is smaller and requiring more batter then the WMK300. Also the 600 only has 200 more watts to cook the two waffles.. As a result the waffles takes longer to cook and it is a challenge to have golden brown waffles which are fully cooked on the inside. The WMK 600 doesn't have sufficient wattage to cook 2 waffles at the same time. You will find that the cooking times increases dramatically compared to the wmk300, this decreases the quality of your waffle. It may work with the traditional American recipes, but if you want to cook traditional Belgium waffles, which are very light and crispy. Bottom line the waffle iron doesn't provide enough heat/wattage. The single waffle maker wmk300 or wmk300a still has the better waffle pattern (larger squares) and providing better heat transfer to the batter. The WMK600 has only 1400 watt and doesn't produce enough to cook 2 waffles at the same time.

I bought this for my husband for Father's Day, and it has not disappointed! The ability to make two waffles at a time is wonderful for a family, and this maker cooks both sides evenly and well. Although the first time we used the Good Night Waffles from the included recipe book, every other time we have just used Bisquick for time purposes. It works perfectly well in this waffle maker.



The one thing I would recommend would be to not judge the waffle maker on the very first batch. It takes a full go-around to truly get it seasoned, and not all of the first batch of waffles will cook perfectly. Also, it is necessary for the cook to learn preferred cooking time. If I had it to do all over again, I would use an inexpensive mix such as Bisquick for the first time and then experiment with the "real" Belgian waffle recipes after growing accustomed to the appliance.



The only reason I rated it four stars instead of five is because I'd love to see removable plates on an appliance like this. It is a relatively easy waffle maker to clean, but by nature waffle makers are just going to be hard to clean unless the plates can be removed. With the rotation of the appliance, however, I don't know how feasible the removable plates are.



All in all, we are thrilled! This will greatly increase our waffle consumption, I'm sure! - Best Waffle Maker - Waffle - Waffle Maker - Waring Pro - Wafflemaker - Best Belgian Waffle Maker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information