Friday 11 March 2011

Panasonic Cordless - att, dect cordless phone


This phone with spare handset has worked very well for me for a couple months now. For its price I can't imagine a small phone that's much better.



What really impressed me, however, is that this phone uses Nickel Metal Hydride batteries (NiMH) as opposed to the forerunner batteries, Nickel Cadmium (NiCad). The bottom line on this type of battery is that you can leave the phone in its charging base all the time if you wish and it will remain fully charged. NiCad batteries were such a pain because the user is expected to discharge them fully on a regular basis so that they will recharge better and more completely, and also increase battery life.



What's the point of having a handy charging base if you have to deliberately leave your phone off the charger so it will discharge and then abruptly cut out on you while you're using it.



I'll leave it to others here to extol the virtues of this phone but for me the phone is very adequate in function and features and its batteries remain its noteworthy asset.



Thanks ... Sam AT&T DECT 6.0 White/Grey Digital Dual Handset Cordless Telephone (EL51209)

People have told me that there is feedback when I put them on speaker. As a result I find myself wanting a headset option. There are some minor software problems, such as the caller id is stored without the leading 1-, so if you try to call the number back (how convenient!) it will fail :(. Also super lame imho is if you are using the "phone" and press the "speaker" button (or vice-versa) it thinks you are trying to conference in a new call rather than that you simply want to switch between handset mode and speaker-phone mode.

I was starting to hear "noise" on the line while using my older phones. I don't recall the mega-hertz numbers (I did my comparative research a while ago), but these phones work at a lower megahertz (I think 1.9) than my older phones. I read on Consumer Reports that my older phones operated at a mega Hz that was prone to interference.



These new phones are interference free. I set the base unit in the house and the mate outside in my garage. I like to work in my garage and the older phones would not ring out there - the new one does.



I'm very happy with the new phones. I even bought another set.



B. Tefft

The phone has worked flawlessly over the month or two I have had it. There are two handsets, which can each use either the main or the satellite base for charging. I charge mine nightly but suspect I could use them and leave them off base for days without a problem. With this phone pair, you can use both handsets at the same time on the same call, which I could not do with the phone pair I replaced. They may also be used at the same time with another phone that is not part of the set if connected to your line. I have had no interference or bad signals, and range has never been a problem, even when we take a handset out in the yard. I really am 100% satisfied with my purchase and feel I got a great deal at $40 for the pair.

IF you have VOIP type telephone service you MUST HAVE this exact type of phone. It is clearly, no pun intended, THE BEST technology for VOIP protocol. There is NO conflict with home networks, cable, etc., like I have experienced with previous VOIP nightmares. ALL desired features (and then some) are included with this phone set. Ease of use is incredible! The quality IS there and the price IS right. I switched from traditional wired Embarq to Comcast VOIP and am extremely pleased with this new technology and how well this new phone set compliments my Internet phone service. Had Vonage a few years ago (groan) and the older 5.8 or 6.0 GHz (Dect 6.0 is actually 1.9 GHz) would not work well enough to take the leap of faith. Now, finally, equipment has caught up with the VOIP technology! I might add that this phone, in gentle white color, is "100% wife tested and approved". She loves it. Research technology, make comparisons with competitors offerings and their prices. I bet you WILL buy this set from Amazon. Ring-ring, opportunity is calling.

Installed the ATT EL 51209 phones on April 1st, 2010. Shortly thereafter my internet connection started to give me random disconnect problems. After days of on and off DSL router problems I got a new replacement modem of a different brand from my service provider. Short term improvement but then problems daily. May 18th had a tech come out and check the line. His test equipment indicated many many error codes on the line. Disconnect phone connection to the house and error code immediately went away. Reconnected house wiring and many error codes. Have 3 wireless phone bases and unplugged them one by one. As soon as the ATT EL5 1209 was unplugged from the phone line all the error codes went away and as long as unplugged stayed away. Apparently it has to do with the frequency the cordless phone unit operates on. Nothing on the box tells you what frequency that is. Bought a new cordless unit with 3 phones operating on 5.8 gigahertz (same as the 2 older cordless units) and now no problems. The ATT box says "Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telecommunication (DECT6.0) is a new frequency band that transmits your voice across multiple channels. This technology provides superior quality of voice and sound, high protection against wiretapping and better range than 2.4GHz and 5.8GHZ phone systems while not interfering with wireless routers." It might work for you but if you start having problems with dropped DSL internet service, unplug the ATT EL51209 and see if it goes away. - Dect Cordless Phone - Cordless Telephones - Speakerphone - Att'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information