Friday 11 March 2011

Panasonic Cordless Phone - with answering device, caller id


This is without question, the best land line phone I have ever seen! Please look at my other reviews, you will see that I am NOT a paid reviewer to write what the manufacturer wants.



This phone does EVERYTHING! Sound is crystal clear. Both handsets and base unit have lit displays. Both have selectable ringer tones and volume. Each has independent "phone books" which can be copied from the base unit to the handsets or vice versa. Both the base unit and handsets have speaker phones. The phone books are super easy to program.



The answering system with date/day/time works terrifically! You can select pre-recorded message or make your own. The answering system capacity is 18 minutes or 64 messages. You can select between 2 and 7 rings before the answering system engages.



I like that the base unit works during power outages.



I especially like the five "speed dial" buttons to phone frequent friends or family with just one button. Great!



Call blocking works well.



Cordless handsets have great range and use rechargeable AAA batteries (included). The handset cradle recharges the batteries. The cordless handsets light up. You can access the answering machine via the cordless handsets.



It has a "handset locator".



It supports English and Espahol. Instruction manual is well written and easy to use.



It even has an "alarm clock" feature.



I have not found a better land line phone! Strongly recommend! Panasonic Dect 6.0 Metallic Gray Cordless/Corded Phone with Answering Machine (KX-TG1062M)

I was torn whether to rate this 4 or 5 stars. For my simple needs, it's definitely a 5, but it does have some quirks.



Good:



Great sound quality. Corded base for power outages. Speakerphone (which works great) on all components, both base and handsets. Access to answering system messages from all components. Functions as an intercom (and very well, too). 100-number phone book, which can be copied between units either in total or one entry at a time, and nine phone number groups that you can give custom names. Five-number quick dial buttons on base. Large, easy-to-use buttons. Uses rechargeable AA's (I *think* - might have been AAA's - standard batteries, anyway) instead of the expensive proprietary kind. Supports up to six handsets.



Not so good:



Some menus confusing. Direct-access to functions using "#" and a numeric code a joke, to me - I want to navigate to a function using an intuitive menu, not look up a code in the user manual. On base unit, LCD contrast is not high enough to read display without backlight (at least in the location we've got it). Does not have a memo function as our previous (but much lower quality) system did, so I'm in the market for a fridge magnet recorder thingie now - which is just fine by my husband, as he hated my leaving messages to myself on the answering machine....! ;-> ) Cannot copy phone number groups between units - if you use that function, you'd have to name the groups on each unit and put each phone number in a group individually.



The reason I gave it a "5" nevertheless is that the "not so good" things I listed mean virtually nothing to me for my simple needs, especially when bounced against the "good" things, which *do* mean a lot to me. Your mileage may vary, which is why I tried to list everything I've noticed about the unit so far.

I've owned this phone for just over a week and there are several things I like about it.



1. The handsets use two AAA batteries, instead of the specialized battery components common with digital phones. As my experience with my last phone, an AT&T model, left me without the ability to replace the battery, this one thing significantly affected my view.



2. Once you get the knack of the memory storage function that part of it is really quite simple to use, and much of the functions of the phone then become fairly intuitive.



3. The phone is operational when electrical power is out, which is a moderately common problem where I live due to thunderstorms.



There is one thing I don't like about this phone, but it is a small complaint: the voice control only raises the volume to a certain level and leaves me unable to hear at the level of volume that I'd prefer. However, this is a small complaint for the simple fact that if I pay close attention, which I should do anyway, I manage to understand all that is being said over the line.



The phone comes with a nice and unique ringer that can be heard from quite a distance. The handset use is very simple and easy to understand, requiring no reading of instructions to actually begin use.



Setting the timing of the automatic answering recorder is fairly simple as well. I've got mine set to record at six rings.



While I'm still learning about my new phone I must say that I am more than well pleased with it. It's far superior to the last phone I owned simply because of the type of batteries used. I appreciate Panasonic for actually considering the requirements of the user when they designed this phone.



I recommend it. This phone is very nice for the price and is as good, or better, than any other phone at this price level. - Caller Id - Panasonic Cordless Phone - Corded Cordless Combo - With Answering Device'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information