Thursday 3 March 2011

Switcher - hdmi switcher, roku


I got this to connect a DVR/Cable box, PS3, and 360 all to a Sony Bravia 40" HDTV. I originally thought I would use it just to split the PS3 and 360, but when I saw how smooth the auto switching was, I just put all three devices on this splitter.



Now it's like magic... the cable box is on by default, but if I switch on a game system, it automatically switches the HDMI. When I'm done, it switches back to cable. Looks kind of fancy when people come over.



There is a manual switcher control button, too, of course.



Construction seems more than sturdy enough so far. ViewHD 3 Port HDMI Switcher 3x1 Auto Switch 3-In 1-Out With 3FT Pigtail Cable

I have a Tivo and a bluray player that are hdmi, and my tv had only one HDMI slot, so I researched and purchased this. It allows me to connect both players to my tv. The tivo is on all of the time, so it is primary. When I turn on bluray player the signal switches to my bluray. when I turn it off, it switches back.

That works well. Two or three times in the last month, however, my signal when watching teh tivo has gone to static, and I have had to press the button on the switcher to cycle through the three connections to reestablish a connection with the tivo. This works fine, but I have concerns about any ongoing problems.

Plugged it into a Sony STR DH510 receiver that had only 3 HDMI ports. I need to occasonally plug a video camera in to review video on the TV so I share this with my ROKU HDMI port signal and it just works perfectly, plugged it in and it worked with no issues and switched automatically. My only complaint is a bright red LED on the unit that I didn't like so I convered it with a piece of tape and that took care of it, great construction.

Product works great, makes it easy for me to jump back and forth between PS3 and 360.



The bigger thing to me is the service I got from the group, there was a problem with the shipping,

and they sent me a new one immediately. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I was very

pleased with the fact that they didn't harp or complain or anything, just nutted up and sent me a new

one.



I will buy from this company again.



Thank you for the good service.

We installed the HDMI switcher for use with our XBox 360 and Blu-ray player. We have experienced several hiccups in the use and have isolated it to the switcher. First, we have to have to select the HDMI port that we wish to use (on the TV) before we turn on the device we wish to use. Failing that the switcher will not we send a signal to the TV and we have to manually operate the switcher. We know it's the switcher since the same sequencing is not required if the Blu-ray or XBox is plugged into the TV's HDMI port directly. Ultimately it's not a big inconvenience, but since this was supposed to be automatic it is irritating.



The item was sufficiently inexpensive, so we'll make due with the minor inconvenience.

I have the exact basic setup that this item claims to support:



42" LG 42LH50 HDTV (1080p)

Comcast DVR w/ HDMI (1080p)

Playstation 3 (1080p)

All high-grade HDMI cables



This switcher simply won't pass through any signal above 720p or 1080i.



It will pass through standard definition video (480p) and if I put the playstation 3 in 720p mode, it will play that OK. It does switch between the last sources that come online or back to the last one when others turn off.



However, if I put any device in 1080i mode, it displays with weird patterns and colors that are so bad that half of the picture is ruined. If I go up to 1080p, nothing shows at all.



I wrote the seller and they immediately sent me another one but it did exactly the same thing. I wrote them again and after 3 weeks have received NO response.



I'm not sure if I'm more irritated that this item doesn't work as advertised or the fact that I paid $20 more than the current asking price!

It is working fine for xbox, Samsung blue ray but is having issues with Cable HD channels. A band of white dots appears in the central section of the screen and then it goes blank. Not sure if there is a way around this. - Roku - Hdmi Switcher - Switcher'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information