Thursday 3 March 2011

Natural Hair Care - curly hair, curly hair care


I'm a Wen user, but decided to try DevaCurl as it is a lower price. It is every bit as good as Wen:



Left my hair clean and silky

Keeps it clean for a week or more

Diluted, works as a great daily conditioning spray



It also has a divine rose scent! DevaCurl No-Poo Zero Lather Conditioning Cleanser 12 fl oz (355 ml)

My three year old daughter has gorgeous ringlet curls. Her hair is thick and getting long. I've been terrified to do anything to her hair in fear that we will lose the curls. Around the same age I had similar hair and my mom cut it off to achieve the Dorothy Hammel bob. My hair forever lost the ringlets and most of the curl.



To properly care for my daughter's hair I first ordered the book Curly Girl! Fabulous book on caring for curly hair. I learned I was washing my daughter's hair too often and brushing it when wet. Big no no's! The book also gave suggestions on how to cut the hair to maintain the curl's natural shape. Next was having the proper products to keep the hair clean and detangled.



The DevaCurl products are great. They smell fresh and clean. Since moving to them I have seen my daughter's hair look more vibrant and healthy. In addition, I no longer need detangler. I only "wash" her hair with the No Poo once a week. If it needs to be freshened up (after fun in the sandbox) I use a little bit of the conditioner when she is in the tub. Otherwise, sometimes I simply spritz her hair with a water bottle filled with a few drops of essential oil such as lavendar or orange mixed with water. I squeeze her curls after they are misted and they bounce back to shape.



The products seem to be a little too heavy for my hair though I do use them about once a week for a deep conditioning. My husband's hair is wavy and thick. He really likes these products and has switched over to this brand.

these products are great, but the shampoo and conditioner must be used together a number of times before your hair feels clean and healthy in my experience, and don't use anything else in between. other products have drying agents that make it so that your scalp gets dirty very quickly. with no poo and one condition, i wash my hair once a week and condition it (to restyle) a few times a week. i used to have oily hair with regular condtioners. i have thick, wavy hair and this is the only thing that brings out the curl and doesn't make my hair look dirty. also doesn't break out my skin, for those of you that have that problem from other conditioners.

I have dry, wavy hair with a lot of frizz in the summer months. This product has worked wonders on my hair on all fronts. My hair is soft, moisturized, and I dont have frizz or tangles anymore! Its always good to buy one of devacurl's low-poo hair cleansers with the no-poo in my opinion. Why? Because after a few weeks of using just the no poo, my hair would start to feel a little heavy and weighed down.



Why the 4 stars then you ask? The scent is a little strong, and I am still not used to it! Its turkish rose and peppermint, and it seems to stick in my hair all day long. (low-poo has a lighter more fruity scent!)

This product is affordable and smells great, but it does not work for me. My curly hair tends to be oily at the roots and dry at the ends. After only two days of washing my hair with Low-Poo, it had become weighed down and sticky. If your scalp does not produce much oil, this product could work well for you, since it's very gentle on curls. Otherwise you need a stronger shampoo.

I absolutely fell in love with 'no poo' when I was used as a model at a beauty show, so I immediately purchased it with the conditioner and the gel. I loved it the first few times, but then my hair began to feel dirty, heavy & somewhat greasy. I've attempted a purifying shampoo a few times in between, and it works but then what's the point?

I also never got used to the no lather part. The conditioner is great in the way you instantly feel softness in your hair (the no poo does that too) so I still use the conditioner on my tips only. The Angel Gel that came in the kit, I never liked it makes your hair feel gritty as soon as it dries.

sadly this line didn't work in the end, for me. I'm going back to Nexxus phyto Organics.

I'd been doing no poo, meaning not using shampoo for quite a while. I started doing this out of desperation, regular shampoo would dry my scalp and hair out, then turn my scalp greasy hours later. My scalp was always itchy with shampoo, this stopped when I stopped using it. When I started working out, I needed something to make my scalp feel clean.



I love this product. It smells wonderful. It gets my scalp clean, I can feel it. It doesn't strip all the oil out of my scalp or hair. My hair is soft and happy. My scalp is happy, too, no itch and no dryness.



I do not have curly hair, I have very fine, thin, wavy hair.



I love this product.



If you use regular shampoo now and want to switch to this, give it a month before you decide if you like it or not. The change away from harsh detergents can cause your scalp to seem extra oily - it's used to being stripped of all oils and needing to overproduce more oil out of desperation to protect itself. Once it adjusts, you'll discover that you don't actually have an oil problem. - Curly Hair - Devacurl - Curly Girl - Curly Hair Care'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information