Thursday 3 March 2011

Freud - planer blades


Ordered some new blades for the old Ryobi, and didn't get around to trying them until the set I was using got a bit dull. Set them up as usual, but after some checking realized they weren't aligned properly. Pulled them out and re-set with the ryobi gauge, but realized one blade could not be set properly, as the slots for the screw holddowns are off--a lot. Perfectly visible with the naked eye, once you look closely. So much so that it is not possible to adjust correctly. So I have some useless blades and can't return them. Very disappointing for Freud stuff, and Amazon's return policy leaves a lot to be desired. Bottom line, better try and set these up right away and make sure your pair isn't mis-manufactured. Freud C600 10-Inch Replacement Planer Knives for Ryobi AP10 (2-Pack)

Not much to say about these. They worked fine as replacement blades in my planer. I have no way of testing the type of steel; they do feel like they may be a little soft, but my planer is used for light duty and so far no problems.

I HAD TROUBLE FINDING 10" BLADES FOR MY RYOBI PLANER. I FOUND THEM ON AMAZON AND THE PRICE WAS REASONABLE,SO I PURCHASED A SET, THEY FIT AND WORKED FINE. I JUST NOW ORDERED 2 MORE SETS AND AM SATISFIED WITH THEM. THEY ARE GREAT BLADES.

The knives were exactly as described and they installed in 15 minutes with no fuss. Test it out on some walnut and the results were near perfect. I reset my in feed and out rolls. When I ran the walnut board through after having jointed two sides,the planed side and corresponding edge were so smooth I could have not bothered to finish sand. No end snipe. Excellent product *****

I had some clear heart redwood 2x6 deck boards that I wanted to clean up to use to replace some decking. I decided to "tune up" my old Ryobi AP-10 planer that I purchased in the mid 80's. The power cord was in need of replacing because the jacket was falling apart. I still had the instructions that came with the planer so I figured out how to take it apart to replace the cord. I also gave the planer a thorough cleaning and lubing while it was apart.



Now all that it needed to was a new set of planer knives. I found the Freud C600 knives and ordered them. They arrived quickly and in perfect shape. Installing the knives went quickly because I still had the Ryobi blade alignment tool. The planer now performs just like new and made short work of cleaning up the redwood.



I took the original knives to the local sharpening shop and now have a spare set ready to go. The nice part about the Ryobi AP-10 planer is that you CAN resharpen the knives. - Planer Blades'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Freud - planer blades planer blades Freud - planer blades