Thursday 3 March 2011

Black And Decker - drip coffee machines, black and decker


Yes, I used to have to buy those overpriced, German coffee makers--but not any more. When my latest $100 coffee maker started leaking from both the underside and from the little, unreadable, glass tube on the side, I started looking around for a replacement.



I settled on this Black and Decker model because it does everything the high-priced models do, but at a quarter of the price. After three weeks, the clock still keeps excellent time, the machine still comes on when I'm sound asleep so that I wake up to coffee ready to drink. The coffee tastes very good (c'mon, drip coffee is drip coffee--and I am STILL a coffee snob) and is certainly hot enough. The coffee maker is absolutely EASY to program; each button serves but one function. Aside from the fact that it doesn't LEAK, it seems I lose power here with disturbing regularity, so I like to be able to set the clock and the timer easily and quickly and feel assured that I'll have coffee when I wake up.



What I don't miss about the old coffee maker: leaks, erratic, confusing programming and multiple functions for one button, default ON for auto coffee making (and there's no way to turn it OFF), special little (hard to find) charcoal filter gizmo, adjustable temperature settings on the hot plate, and did I mention LEAKS.



What I miss about the old coffee maker: ability to change length of time the hot plate stays hot, "CALC" calcium warning. Both of which are easy to overcome. If I want two more hours of hot plate all I do is hit the "power" button; if I want to decalcify my machine, all I have to do is run a load of vinegar through on the solstices and equinoxes. Black & Decker DLX1050W 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe, White

This is, far and away, the best coffee maker I've ever bought. My previous was a Mr. Coffee, and the caraffe dribbled everywhere almost every time. This caraffe pours perfectly every time. The controls are so intuitive, I've yet to pull out the instructions. It brews a full 12 cups in 10 to 15 minutes. And the coffee is sooo delicious. Don't waste your time looking at other machines. Buy this one.

Bought this maker to replace another one of the same that the keypad died on. We had this one for 9 months and it suddenly stopped brewing. Luckily, I had the receipt so I called Black and Decker and they told me to cut off the plug and mail it to them with a check for $7.50 and they'll send a replacement in 2 weeks. The problem I have with this is that, it is OBVIOUSLY a manufacturing defect that caused it to die, and nothing that we did, so I have to now go 2 weeks without a coffeemaker and pay $7.50 + $2.00 to send them the plug. I feel if it is a problem that is covered under warranty, then they should pay expedited shipping to get me a replacement ASAP. The brew temperature isn't hot enough, it's lukewarm at best. Also, the hot pad has been rusting for a few months now. Never had THAT happen on a coffee maker before.

My $175 1 cup coffee maker has stopped working properly after 1 year and only had a 1 year warranty. So I decided to get a "cheapy" but I'm so happy with this! The coffee tastes wonderful and when I pour it doesn't spill everywhere like ones I've owned in the past. It's easy to clean and it's quiet when it brews. I think it's great and it's actually the cheapest one I have ever had and so far it's great! It fits perfectly on the counter. I have a large kitchen but it would fit in a small kitchen perfectly as well. I love how I can set it at night and when I get up in the morning my coffee will be waiting for me. I reccomend this to anyone.

This is a great coffee machine for the price. My only quibble is that the manual, as with many products manufactured in China, is inadequate. From the Amazon review I learned that it has an automatic shut-off feature after 2 hours. This is a great safety feature. However, there is not a word about this in the manual, causing me to have to test the unit to make sure it works. Another minor problem is that the carafe and the filter unit have to be lined up perfectly, as there is a danger of spillage if this is not done. All-in-all, I'm satisfied.

I bought this coffee maker several months ago at Walmart for $17, and it has worked out nicely. However, the pause and serve mechanism inside the filter basket fell apart while I was washing it. I am not sure how to put it back together or even if I have all the parts to do so. I will try to find a replacement basket online but if it costs too much it would probably be better just to replace the whole coffee maker. Funny, usually I break the glass carafe, but this time it was the basket! Nice item, great price for a digital programmable coffee maker, but parts cheaply made.

I actually bought this at Walmart. After 9 months the water starting spraying all over the counter, not into the basket where the ground were. I called Black and Decker and they had me mail in the 2" cut off cord with delivery confirmation and a check for $7.50. I got a new machine in about 2 wks. That new machine now won't brew 6 months later. You press power, to start the brew, and nothing happens. The plate won't get hot and no water circulates.



I called them again and they tried to charge me $7.50 again!! I asked for my money back, not really wanting the same horrible model. They said the only option was a new machine but they waived the $7.50. Now I'm waiting for my 3rd coffee maker! I would not recommend this brand at all!

I've just bought my 3rd B&D coffee maker. (About once every 4 years) I used to use those high end coffee makers that were huge and extremely hard to clean and sometimes very poorly designed. I got my first Black and Decker because it had a small footprint, and I could prepare the coffee the night before and program it to start brewing so it would be ready when I woke up. It turned out to be everything I wanted in a coffee maker. So I keep buying them when I break the carafe, or melt the filter holder. It's never stopped working, it's just easy to replace them when they are so reasonably priced. It's basic, not a counter-hog and makes delicious coffee. And we are coffee fanatics.

A caveat - always make sure the carafe and the filter basket are placed in correctly, or you might end up with a big mess. It only happened when someone visiting who did not know what they were doing tried to use it and walked away. - Black And Decker - Black And Decker Coffeemaker - 12 Cup - Drip Coffee Machines'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black And Decker - drip coffee machines, black and decker drip coffee machines Black And Decker - drip coffee machines, black and decker