Friday 25 March 2011

the sims 3 - the sims 3


I have never reviewed an item on Amazon, but my experience was so different from the other two listed here that I had to put in my two cents. I've wanted the Sims 3 since it came out, but my old Mac's video card wasn't up to the job. As soon as my new Macbook Pro was up and running, I went looking for a copy I could download. Since these reviews scared me off Amazon a bit, I tried another site first, but it just sent me in circles and I never got the game. Finally, I decided that Amazon was my only choice for immediate download, and decided to risk it. And you know what? It worked perfectly. Absolutely perfectly. A 5GB game downloaded in 1.5 hours, it installed flawlessly, and I've been playing it ever since, like the good little Sims addict I am. FYI, I'm on a Macbook Pro, 2.3 GHz, 4GB of memory and an Intel 3000 video card.



As for the game itself, I find it a great jump up from Sims 2, though it's very similar. This one has fewer loading screens and the world is definitely a bit more detailed. I'm trying to resist buying all the expansion packs right away, but I somehow doubt I'll succeed. The Sims 3 [Mac Download]

The Sims 3 is exactly what I expected it to be, a childish but fun game involving an open world scenario where there is only an end goal if you want one. Graphics are fairly good for an older stylized game and the music is definitely better than expected.



There has been a lot of concern with this particular Mac download version of the game from Amazon, so I documented my experience below to hopefully give others a baseline to compare too.



INSTALL EXPERIENCE



Specs on my machine:

---

MacBook Pro

15-inch, Mid 2010



2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

160 GB Intel SSD



Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1

---



Downloaded The Sims 3 for MAC from Amazon on September 6th, 2011. Download took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete.



The entire install process went through without a problem, the Amazon game downloading software unpackaged the .DMG automatically and all I had to do was double click the install icon.



Once I had entered my license number it then took about 1 minute to install the game. I then launched it from my Applications folder.



It started immediately and asked if I wanted to download the update that was released on September 1st, 2011: [...] which I did and the update download took about 10 minutes and it installed in another 5 minutes.



The game started itself and asked if I wanted to download and install another update, which I did. Downloaded in 20 seconds and installed in 30 seconds.



Finally the I was able to launch the game and it works spectacularly on my machine.

I downloaded Sims 3.It was my 1st time buying a game online off amazon to download.I downloaded it and then it asked me for the CD-key/Activation Key.I was not given it in an email so I was searching around my emails from amazon. Amazon should have given instructions to you on where to locate it at first.I did manage to find the Activ./Key which would be in your account under your purchases for recent things or whatever and the cd-key will be in the description of your purchase history.

I wanted to come on here and write a review for the Sims 3 Mac Download solely because I took the risk and it worked out great. I was very nervous about downloading the game onto my new Macbook Air 11-inch (500gb hard drive, 4gb RAM) due to many of the reviews saying the game glitches and freezes.

I did have one issue, when first starting. My game froze after I did Create a Sim. This was BEFORE I downloaded the update, however. After I restarted my laptop, I launched the game again, downloaded the update (wirelessly, took about 30 minutes) and installed it, and the game worked perfectly and has been since.

I would definitely recommend this download to anyone interested in the Sims who doesn't (like myself on a Macbook Air) have a disc drive, or if you're just looking to download and play the game quickly. I let the file download (via WiFi) overnight, so I can't say exactly how long it took, however it was a good chunk of time. I would recommend plugging into Ethernet if you can. Other than long download time, this game is FANTASTIC. Must have!

Even though the game took longer downloading than i expected it installed great! no mess ups ready to go and play (:

At first i thought the game was not going to dowload withough having intoruptions but it did it never had an error.

So of course i do reccomend for ppl to download its easy but it might take a while to download other than that GET IT.

This product is very frustrating, I bought it at 7pm today and it is now 11:20pm and i have not gotten to play it yet. Its still downloading and saying it is having different problems that makes me hate to download it again and again. I called customer service and got help but it is still acting up. I'm downloading it for a 4th time right now so hopefully it works other wise Amazon can have it back!!!

I saw the other reviews and didn't want to use the download but I ended up taking the risk. It Worked fine. The download threw wifi was terrible slow but half way threw I decided to connect it with Ethernet and it flew by! I been playing it for about 4 days and it was really fun! I love the Sims XD

The download did not work the first time I tried, after a little research I tried downloading it again using Safari, and it worked. It runs really hot. Although it worked, if I did it again I would just buy the disc.

At first, I was a bit hesitant to buy this game, as it is my first Amazon download and I saw many reviews saying that it was incompatible with Mac OSX Lion. I did decide to buy it though and it works great! Within 2 hours of my purchase, I was playing the game.Also, it does work on Lion. - The Sims 3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


the sims 3 - the sims 3 the sims 3 the sims 3 - the sims 3