Friday 25 March 2011

Easy To Install - battery, laptop battery


I have an older generation macbook 13 inch from 2006. Then, the battery suddenly failed a week ago. Seeing the original battery is about $120. This item is only $40. Like others say, it doesn't fit "perfectly". I mean it doesn't fit 100% as the original battery; but, I will say it fits around 98%. The only difference is the rubber thing is white (not gray as other original three). But, i never look at the bottom of my laptop when I use it, and I don't really care whether it fits 100% or not as long as it doesn't fall off (it doesn't) and works well. Today is my first day using the battery, and the first time I turn on the computer after fully charged, it shows around 3:30 on the gage, which is not too bad for a generic model. Of course, it would be nice if I bought the original with $120. But, for me that was too much for my 4-year-old macbook. If you have a newer macbook that's less than 2 years; I suggest to get the original from Apple. If yours is old, and/or don't really care about those little details like me, go for this one! NEW Laptop/Notebook Battery for Apple MacBook MA254LL/A ma254ta/a Macbook G4 White 13" a1181 a1185 661-4254 661-4255 ma566ll/a

I bought one of these to replace the aging original from my coworker's macbook. While the battery fits and has identical performance to the original, the overall quality of the battery is lower. It doesn't fit smoothly into the battery compartment; you have feel the seams all around the edges. It is also slightly thicker than the original which means it sticks out a bit from the bottom of the notebook.



PROs:



1) Cheaper than the OEM from Apple

2) Same performance as OEM



CONs:



1) Does not fit perfectly

2) Slightly more bulky that original



The price is approximately 60% of the OEM direct from Apple, so the question any buyer needs to ask themselves is if savings are worth the downside. If you are a very particular person, I'd suggest paying more for the perfectly fitting original. On the other hand if you don't feel like the negative factors I've described will bother you that much, go ahead and get one.

First off, the original battery for the Macbook isn't a five star item. I wish the battery life were longer. When you experience something like the iPad battery you are permanently spoiled. This battery seems to work as well as the original battery. It was a little hard to install. I had to put some extra pressure on it to get it properly seated, but once that was accomplished, it worked well. The mac sees it and reports on it. The indicator works. The only thing it doesn't do is warn me when it is going to shut down when it's totally out of juice. It didn't shut down until 5%. Speaking of percent, the price I paid was 43% of the price for the "real deal."



From the outside, the fit looks good. It is much whiter than the rest of the casing, but my macbook is four years old and has been through some things. I don't spend a lot of time looking at it from the bottom.



I am satisfied. I would give the original battery three stars, too.

I was using my power cord to use my computer for about a year. Finally fed up with my computer turning off every time the cord came out, I decided to buy a battery from a third party. I wasn't going to buy from Apple because it just wasn't worth $120 for a one and a half year use of a battery. (I have already got two batteries from mac: the first one that came with the laptop, and the second was from the warranty since the first one didn't last a year. The second battery also lasted from about a year to a year and a half.)



When I received my battery, I followed the instructions and charged the battery to its maximum (it took about 9 hours the first charge) and then completely depleted it. I did this a couple of times because I only got the battery to charge to 96% and no matter how many times i did this process it never reached 100%. Regardless, my battery lasts about 2-3 hours each use. I thought this was amazing because my computer is finally a laptop. I have had this battery for a month now and it still works just as well as the day I got it. It was definitely worth buying this battery instead of paying 3 times as much for a mac battery that I knew would only work for a year and a half.



The only problem I have with it is on the bottom of all mac's there are four grey semi-circles. However, this battery doesn't come with it so there is no friction when you put your laptop on a tilted flat surface.



All in all, I love this battery and the only other test that I'm waiting to see it pass is if it lasts at least a year and a half.

When my 3-yr old macbook battery had swollen to the point that it had raised the unit above

the desktop by about 1/4", I decided it was time to replace.

After looking at the reviews and having had, um, 'spotty' experiences w/ various aftermarket batts in the past, I went ahead and took the plunge on this one. Hey - 1/3 of apple's price, so why not roll the dice?



Going in, I knew I would get what i paid for, and to a great extent, it's been true. The performance and life isn't that of a factory batt, but to date, I get about 2:20 from a 'full' charge, 'full' being a relative term. The battery health or a full charge has never exceeded 95% full.

Close enough for government work, says I. It does give a warning at 8% left.



When I got it, I let it charge for a full 24 hours, then unplugged the cord and ran it until it shut itself down. I did this 3 days in a row, hoping to establish a good 'memory.' Looks like it worked.

As for fit, it's fine. MAYBE 1/2 a millimeter off all the way around the edge. Again, no biggie.



This should allow me to get another year or so out of this computer, so definitely money well spent. Did I mention I now have a white battery in a black macbook?



Oh well. The price you gotta pay. - Battery - Affordable - Apple - Laptop Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information