Friday 25 March 2011

Expandable Multi-handset


This is a high quality, easy to use walk-around phone with several useful features. Convenient to add more stations as needed. Most useful to me are the speaker phone, and intercom capabilities. Hard to beat at this price. VTech CS6209 DECT 6.0 Accessory Handset for use with models CS6219&CS6229

Vtech DECT 6.0 White/Black Accessory Handset with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (CS6209)We purchased this unit to use as aremote extension for our Vtech cordless phone & answering machine set. It was easy to add on and works great, allowing access to the stored memory phone numbers as well as serving as an intercom between to other phone units. Since this extension handset is located upstairs it allows us to answer the phone and easily calll to any other handset to notify other family members, if the call is for them. It also serves as an intercom for easy communication from upstairs to downstairs and vice versa.

We read a review of this product in Consumer Report magazine and decided to give it a try. We liked the phone so we purchased additional extension phones from Amazon. We have used them for several weeks and are very pleased. The phones we replaced were GE which only lasted 4 years before the display died. We replaced the battery ($35) and that didn't fix the problem.

Easy to install with my current base station. Has worked perfectly since I installed it. No problems at all. Please keep in mind this is an add-on extension. YOU NEED AN EXISTING BASE STATION. This unit will not work on its own without one.

I wanted a system with multiple phones and without an answering machine. I've liked V-Tech in the past and this set looked good.



But there are a nummber of problems with it: (1) the phones don't hold time and date information; I program in the correct time and date and 3 hours later the time (at 4 pm) is 1:00 a.m. and the date is January 2008. (2) the phones are so light in weight they feel cheap. (3) There's no obvious indication of messages from my message service (like a blinking light) - I have to look at the phone screen to check for them. (4) I find the screen very hard to read - there's a kind of 3-D effect that blurs the letters and numbers. (5) clarity of sound varies greatly even with the same phone and location; reception isn't particularly good: eg, I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and my daughter lives on the fourth floor; our conversations are often hard to interpret as they often fade in and out.



On the positive side: (1) the numbers and other buttons (menu, up & down choice movements, etc.) are raised and large enough to be easily used. (2) programming something (eg, names in the directory) only has to be done once and all the other phones are programmed as well. (3) When entering letters in the directory the first letter is capitalized and the remaining letters - until a space - are lower scale; saves as lot of repetitive moves.



If I had know this information before selecting this item I wouldn't have ordered it. It is inexpensive enough that I'll keep in until it dies and then get a much better one.

I bought the original base and 2 remote phones, They were so good I went to Amazon and bought 2 more remote phones. They work in the house without static just as if they were hardwired. They also work well out in my yard, no fade out at all. For the price of this product I am very impressed. I would recommend it to all my friends. There is one thing I would pay extra for, if vtech would include a wall mount for the remote phones, I love the one supplied with the Base Unit.

I ordered this phone by mistake. I thought it was a 'stand alone' type phone. But it is an accessory phone. I didn't pay attention to that one word. Accessory.

Anyway, I sent it back and Amazon credited my account.

I purchased this unit to replace on that was in service for about a year. The previous one developed display issues. It may have only needed a new battery, but it was more cost effective to replace it. The base unit found the new phone handset easily and shared all the stored data with the handset. I like this phone system because of its price, simplicity, and relatively large display and key buttons.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information