Friday 25 March 2011

Pogo Stylus - ipad accessory, touch screen stylus


I bought the Pogo Sketch as an experiment for drawing on my new iPad, but fully expected to prefer just using my finger instead. I find that using the Pogo Sketch makes it a bit easier to do detailed drawings, and makes it feel more natural to draw on the iPad. I came back here to order two more, in case I lose the first one.



I'm curious to see how quickly the sponge tip wears down. I've been using the stylus pretty heavily since I bought the iPad a month ago, and so far it hasn't shown much wear. Guess the sponge is made of tougher material than it looks!



Debbie

[...] Ten One Design Pogo Sketch stylus for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Hot Pink)

I absolutely love the Ten 1 stylus. I own four of them! It is the most responsive stylus I've tried. I've bought cheap ones and regretted it. This stylus is pricey, relatively speaking, but it is very responsive and I like the longer length and pen clip. I bought a carrying case for my iPhone, poked a hole in the lining, and carry the pen in the little pocket I created. I like the burnt orange color. I also own pink and silver. I want to ensure that I have a stylus everywhere I go (home, office, car, eetc) because I have a terrible time working my iPhone with my fingers and I don't like fingerprints all over my screen.

Okay so it's pink...very pink. Forgetaboutit!



What this stylus does is look and feel like a pen and write to your iPad with precision. That is worth tolerating a very bad color palate, unless of course you are female, in which case it is probably so stereotyping that you may well prefer another hue.



My own guess is that this device was designed with the iPhone in mind. And given the small screen of the iPhone, the idea was probably that women might want to use something other than newly manicured nails to make phone calls. And then along comes the iPad, and that changed everything except the color.



The iPad screen like the iPhone's is what is called "multi-touch". From a technological viewpoint this refers to the ability of the screen to sense and transmit tiny electrical signals to a process defining the position and pressure of a finger on the screen and respond according. So sensitive is the technology that it generally only recognizes a finger. If you doubt this try opening a contact in your iPhone or iPad with, say, a key. Nothing will happen.



The Pogo stylus acts like a finger, and is treated by the processor just like it is a finger. Now if you are using an iPhone, basically, who cares? You don't need a pen to open a contact. Nor do you need one to open a contact with an iPad. However if all you are using your iPad is to store contacts, you are in a distinct minority.



So why do I call this stylus a necessity? Consider first of all that the iPad is a tool, and often a business tool. Let's say you are making a presentation using Keynote (Apple's version of PowerPoint). You can use the built-in laser pointer during your presentation on the fly with a touch. If you are like me and have big clumsy fingers, you will find that a stylus provides more reliable and precise control than mere fingers. An additional plus is with programs like iAnnotatepdf which allow you to draw in real time you look like you are using a pen or marker rather than finger-paint to anyone so bored with your presentation that they are watching you and not your slides.



And if they notice the color (and how can they not?), perhaps they will just assume you are really too cool to care...or something.

I got one of each of the BoxWave and the Pogo and BY FAR the BoxWave exceeds my expectations. The BoxWave stylus is heavier, built better, and has a few handy features that the Pogo Ten-One does not.



I tried the Pogo and the tip wore down to almost flat with one day of regular use and now is unusable for fear of scratching the glass on the iPad with the aluminum pen housing.



Days of research and finally getting the top two pens to compare side-by-side left me without a doubt... The BoxWave is the ONLY stylus that works and will provide benefit of use. The Pogo is a waste of time and money.



Interestingly enough, as soon as BoxWave came out with their stylus, Ten-One dropped the price of the Pogo by half... maybe they knew the BoxWave was a better stylus too. =)

When I bought my iPad, I was already a Mac user for everything Apple made. I knew you could use a stylus on the iPad, so I wanted one immediately. I never liked the iPhone for anything but pictures and telephoning, as the pad for writing had keys that were too small and too difficult for me. Others text on their iPhone but I could not. I was always hitting the wrong key. Also, I don't like to text as it gives you a double chin! Watch anyone who is texting.



For the iPad, I discovered the stylus worked perfectly. I bought several to make certain I was never out of them and tried different makes. I decided in the beginning the Pogo was the best of all three. Yesterday I got a new iPhone - and guess what? This Pogo stylus works on the iPhone keypad! I had been told you had to use your finger for the iPhone. Maybe I did for my first iPhone, a second generation, but not with the new iPhone 4. I just ordered 3 more stylus in different colors - only this time they are all Pogo. I will keep them available in different places. This is a great gift. The Pogo hooks on the case for the iPad easily and it is small enough to fit in my iPhone case.



Life gets easier and easier, doesn't it? - Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus - Pogo Stylus - Ipad Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information