Tuesday 29 March 2011

Power Tool Accessories - drill bits, tools


I really like this. I didn't expect anything too great, but the bag alone turned out to be worth the price I paid. It has a metal framework embedded in the fabric so it holds its shape and will fully open without flopping all over the place like other soft cases. It is compact enough to not take up too much space, but roomy enough to add all your other drill bits, forstner bits, and other drill-related things to keep together in one place.



The smaller drill bit holders are heavy-duty, with rubber grips and secure closures. Much nicer than the thin plastic, snap-close versions you may be used to seeing. The holders inside are clearly marked, and flip out for easy access to the bits.



Finally, the bits themselves are a very wide assortment of types, and are suitable for drilling a variety of materials. There is plenty here to keep you busy! Denali Drill Driver Accessory Set, 79-Piece

I've had this driver set for several months now so I've had the chance to give it a good test.



The pieces I use the most are the drill bits and the general screw-driving bits.



Pros:

- Sturdy, lockable cases for all the differing pieces

- Convenient bag to store all the accessories, with plenty of space to toss in the drill, spare battery, stud finder, and well, just about anything you could need

- Drill bit cases are labeled to find correct bit sizes easily

- There are two of each for the smallest drill bits (1/16; 5/64; 3/32) since they are the most fragile





Cons:

- Generally fragile

- Many broken drill bits from just drilling moderate hardwood (oak)

- Wood drill bits have worn down just after a few months of general use

- Philips screw driving bit broke (philips head chipped off) when I tried screwing a self-tapping latch screw into some workshop plywood

- Drill bit markings on the case are extremely light in color, difficult to read



Recommendations:

- Labeling each of the cases so you know what is in each



Overall, the Denali Drill Driver kit is a good buy for the money. Where else can you find about 70 drill and driver bits, w/ individual storage cases & a bag for around $30. Just be aware that some of the pieces are rather fragile and if used extensively, will fail on you. For general use around the house, this is a fine set to purchase. I would not recommend this for professional use.

A few weeks ago I picked up the 10" Denali Miter saw. I was really pleased with the quality and the price. Last week, I came back to the Tool store to pick up some drill bits (you can never have enough). When I saw a set from Denali, I decided to try it out.



I am really pleased. The bits seem to be very top quality. I especially like the cases for each set of accessories. They are easy to carry around and keep everything well organised.

Haven't had a chance to use all the different types of bits, but so far so good. My only complaint is that there's no way to differentiate between the different bits based on the storage containers. I find myself having to open each one and see what's inside to find the bit I want. I wish they had labelled them for me, but I guess I could just do it myself too. All in all, I thought this was a good buy. The bag it comes in is heavy duty and should last a long time.

In general, this pack is a GREAT deal...



Until you find all of the driver bits start breaking. It's not like they were getting sheared off from poor fit - the tips would literally break right off into the screw head. This is a HUGE pain, since it's nearly impossible to remove a long screw that has the head filled with a bit. At least 5 bit heads have broken off inside of screws --- *and that's absolutely unacceptable to me*

I am thinking about sending mine back because of quality issue.These bits sometimes tempt DIYers that only need to drill one hole, and assume the bits will do the task. Disappointment normally ensues. These drill bits not for everyday use.

As an example, one hole in soft brick took around eight regrinds just to drill the one hole, and the job was hard going and took nearly an hour.

This is a great deal. I have odd drill bits and drivers that I've collected over the years. This is a nice fairly complete set that comes in handy hard plastic boxes with swing out organizers. The bag is a big nice quality one with a metal frame. It's big enough to add your drill or any other accessories you might have.

I love this product. I don't do major DIY stuff around the house, so this set is more than perfect for small fixes.



The cases and the carring bag are really good to organize your drill accessories. Also the price is just perfect! I have bought bags for 20, so whit the included extras, it's worth the price.

I'd like to emphasize what other reviewers have said about the cases, they are really nice. There are 4 of them and have secure slide locks. They are quite sturdy and the interior holders are also nicely done. I wrote labels on each case so I know which one to grab. All the bits I've used are very good. - Drill Bits - Drill Bit Sets - Tools - Tool Set'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Tool Accessories - drill bits, tools drill bits Power Tool Accessories - drill bits, tools