Tuesday 29 March 2011

Kindle 3 - kindle 3 covers, kindle accessory


The leather on the case is nice. I really enjoy being able to prop up my Kindle and read without hurting my neck. I wish the stretch strap that secures the cover shut was longer as it is difficult to use (even with my small fingers).



The LED light is another story. The light is too weak, and is not designed to properly clip on to the cover. I will not be using it.



I would recommend the cover, but not the light- especially since I purchased the cover on sale! Acase Vintage Acme Black Genuine Leather Case with LED light for Amazon Kindle 3 (Latest Generation)

I wanted a cover for my kindle that would allow me to read (relatively hands free) while having lunch. This item fits the bill, to a T. It is very comfortable to use and gives you the option of

Of placing the Kindle at different reading angles for the optimal view. The material on the inside of the cover is excellen. The leather used on these covers is also very good, and looks quite rich. the elastic band that is used to secure the cover closed is the one detail that concerned me when I first received my cover. I found it a bit tight and wondered wether it would be a problem and possible stretch out and lose it's elasticity, but, as of now it has not proven to be a problem. The light that is included with this cover is nothing to write home about but the pluses of the cover far outweigh whatever shortcomings this light might have.



All in all, a great cover.

Admitting to it being poor manners, I often read while dining out. This case does a great job of propping up the Kindle while reading at a table. Well-made for the price.



My only minor beef is that it is thicker than it needs to be.

This Kindle cover fits perfectly on my 3rd generation. I love that I can use it as a book stand or just hold it. It's a wonderful thing to have options. The book stand aspect is adjustable and the product seems to be quality. No complaints.

I love my Acase! The incredibly taught strap has loosened up a bit after using it about ten times a week on my daily Amtrak commute during the past month. It's now a bit easier to remove the strap when I'm in the mood for reading. Placing it over the rear if I decide to hold the case instead of using the wonderful "notches" to perfectly position the Kindle for my viewing angle, is also easy. I also like to place my monthly train ticket behind the Kindle in the case. Keeps it secured and in great shape.



The Acase Vintage Acme Black gets a full 5 stars from me for versatility, quality, and competitive pricing.



Now, the included LED reading light... It seems the inclusion of the light was an afterthought. The LED isn't of great quality and projects a shade of light with a blue tinge onto the Kindle's exquisite electronic ink display.



From the video review posted above, it appears that she simply slides the light onto the case. What isn't made clear in the video is that the clip that slides in between the kindle and the leather case is metal!



If I slide the clip onto the case, which needs to be clipped onto the inside of the case, I will end up scratching the rear of the Kindle. Yes, I can probably removed the Kindle from the case, clip the light on and then put the Kindle back into the case only creating contact with a confined area of the Kindle. Not an acceptable solution to me. If I could vote for the light separately, I would give it 1 star.



Since the Acase was a relative bargain compared to the other high quality leather offerings for the Kindle, the LED will not affect my review for the case itself as a whole.



I am very happy with the Acase and will be recommending it to my fellow Kindle users. Unfortunately for the LED reading light, it been left in a kitchen drawer likely to never be used again.

The case is just what I'd been looking for. I love the suede inside, it is very soft against the Kindle. The exterior is a nice soft leather and doesn't smell at all oily like some other reviewers have complained about. It appears that the devise will stay very secure in the case so no worries there. The outside elastic strap may stretch over time, but I think I'll get good use out of it before that happens.



The only complaint is the LED light that came with the case. It doesn't work at all. It looks like the battery connections are very loose and in fact there is something rattling around inside. I wasn't expecting anything too great based on the other reviews I read, but I thought maybe it would actually light up and I could decide for myself whether to use it. But alas, only darkness!



Amazon is going to refund me 20% of the original purchase price because they can't accept a partial return of the product and I want to keep the case. Thank you Amazon for doing the right thing.

I bought this for the cover, not the light which is lame. I already had one of these lights that I got free with Hilton Honors points, so I knew what to expect. However, the light does work well clipped to my music stand to illuminate my sheet music a little better for my aging eyes :) and now I have one for each side! On the other hand, the cover is fabulous - it looks classy, the leather feels good and it's soft, it smells like new leather (not like plastic) and the inside does not leave any residue or drop fabric pills. I also bought a skin, and the cover has not damaged the skin at all. The best part, though, is that I can read it in bed by propping it up on my chest and folding the bed comforter over the base to hold it in place. Then I can keep my hands warm under the covers until I need to change the page! It even stayed in place once when I fell asleep reading - I always lost my place when I dropped a book... not with a Kindle! - Kindle Accessory - Kindle 3 Cover - Kindle 3 Covers - Leather'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


kindle 3 cover Kindle 3 - kindle 3 covers, kindle accessory