Tuesday 29 March 2011

Brother Hl-2170w - cartridge, brother


The cartridge I got was NOT the one in the photo, but I consider this a GOOD thing since the one I received more closely resembles the original Brother cartridge I had than the one in the photo does.



Dropped in and the printer (HL-2140) picked up on it right away, I did not need to turn off the printer, or do anything "funny" to get the printer working again. Opened the front bay, popped it in and it works. I cannot yet comment on the yield (claimed 2,600 pages) since I have printed a grand total of one page thus far. This product would get 5 stars if I could come back and edit this later after meeting or exceeding the stated yield, but since I don't _know_ how many pages this cartridge will run through, I can't give it 5 stars.



Short Version

Physically Fits? Yes.

Prints? Yes. Laser Toner Cartridge TN360-COM

This product works perfectly...as I expected.



Unfortunately, I was not talented enough to know that the "drum" was attached to the cartidge unit and called the company to tell them that it seemed to be the wrong product.



The company called me back and explained the situation. I was pleased.



However, I had to go to Best Buy and ask one the Geek Squad people how to seperate the 2 units and he gladly did.



I am now up and running and the cartrige performs just as the Brother cartridge did.

Knock on wood, but I haven't had any of the problems all those 1 star ratings have had. I've already ordered and used 3 of these for my business and they fit fine, arrive in tact, not leaking, and I have yet to get this streaking thing down the sides that others have mentioned. Before I got this I was buying the Brother TN-360 cartridges but then switched to these because the OEM's were just too expensive and I haven't noticed a difference, which is exactly what I would want: just as good as OEM, but 1/3 of the price (TN-360 was $60 at Office Depot) and Prime Eligible.



Just came on here to buy another one and was curious why it had such low reviews; I don't know who's been writing them, but it sounds like to me if it didn't fit, you bought the wrong cartridge. If it came damaged or "half-filled", send it back for a refund, but I wouldn't waste your money on the OEM because of these random "horror" stories. I have a Brother DCP-7040 and this cartridge works perfectly.

I got this toner cartridge for my HL 2140 and after about fifteen minutes of fiddling with it, I was able to get it in securely and it started printing just fine, time will tell how many sheets it will print, but so far so good. I will edit if it does not print as much as promised. Good price.

I bought this toner 5 month ago, it was shipped fast, I normally use my Brother HL2140 print, it works really good.



Now I am returning to buy another one just in case for the previous toner running out of ink.



Recommend this toner - Brother Hl-2170w - Hl-2140 - Brother - Cartridge'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information