Tuesday 22 March 2011

Laptop Cooling Pad


I recently purchased a Sony Vaio laptop and was looking for a way to keep my laptop cool so that it wouldn't overheat and cause problems like others have reported happening to their laptop. If your looking for something basic to keep your laptop cool and cheap. This is your guy. It does what it's supposed to do. Also I heard alot about cooler pads being too small this one holds my laptop without it slipping and my laptop is 15.5".



CON: Very flimsy feeling like I could break it without putting forth more effort regular handling of it is okay but I wouldn't be overly rough with it. The fans on the cooler pad are also open on the bottom so say if you want to put it on your bed or a soft surface you can but the fans won't work. It has to be on a hard surface in order for the fans to work.



I can't really complain it does what it is supposed to and I guess I am getting my money's worth. Cool thing is that when my laptop is powered down the fan is off so I don't have to unplug the USB cord that connects it to my laptop. While the cooler is on it's a cool electric blue color like your at the carnival. Not really important but hey....that's my 2 cents. Laptop Notebook Cool Pad w/ 3 Fans

Basically this works for the way I use my laptop. Fits up to a Vaio 460 w/o covering front vents, but does take some adjusting. Has raise rear feet for a comfortable angle on the keyboard and doesn't slid around. It's fairly quiet to me. Yet it doesn't blow notes off the desk. The USB T'ed into a double ended plug so one can add plug another cable into it. Hasn't been much of a power draw so far. Most of all it does a good job cooling. Lights are okay but could do without. I just want a clear pad. The fan are not covered underneath so you can't put on your lap. Else the fans will hit your clothing. Also would be nice to have an off switch for my needs as it doesn't shut down in the sleep mode. Delivery was prompt and hassle free.

Great product. The other reviews pretty much sum up the pros--quiet fans, awesome look/leds, extra USB female port. Only con is you cannot put this on your lap as the fans will hit your clothes, as another reviewer mentioned, but no big deal.



(By the way, I bought the same product for $7 free shipping at an online auction site that I won't named here--you may want to go check it out)

Bad design - fans exposed at the bottom; so cant keep it on your lap. Takes the lap out of laptop! What a nuisance.



Cheap build - the plastic board on which the fans are mounted is extra-ordinarily cheap; can get bent easily and the fans would either keep touching the laptop or the surface where you keep the cooler and the laptop on!



In other words, I should have read the reviews and not fallen for the good pics! I have bought reasonably good coolers [that do the job] at $10 before.



Look elsewhere folks ....

First of all this cooling pad DOES NOT fit a 15'6 laptop.it is so flimsy that just holding it in your hands may break it. the fans actually touch the surface on which they are sitting because the whole thing is so thin. This pad is going back to whomever is selling it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information