Tuesday 22 March 2011

Canon Remote - canon, camera remote


I bought this remote to take some Christmas pictures of the family. The packaging reads that it's for Canon Digital SLRs. This remote did not work for me at all, I have a Canon Rebel XSI. I looked on the manufactures website and found no information on how to troubleshoot my problem further. I Googled this remote and found no instructions as well. In my opinion this remote has a flaw in its designed or the information on the packaging is completely wrong. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time on this remote. Zeikos ZE-WRC5 Wireless Remote for Canon

I purchased this without reading the reviews first...figured the price was great and it was most likely a generic that worked for many cameras. The back of the Packaging clearly states the FOLLOWING CAMERA's (not "most canons" as listed on amazon)



WORKS WITH:

EOS 5D Mark II

10s

Elan/II/IIE & 7E

Rebel K2 QD

Digital Rebel and IX series cameras



I'm sure this is a great remote for the camera's listed above. Simple push button with nice little carry pouch.

I have the rebel xsi camera and like other opened it up and thought, is the battery dead or something? I did some research online about using wireless remotes with my camera. It turns out it's not the remote at all.. it's the user. Learn your camera before you post that this product doesn't work with it. I will help those with the cannon camera's. Set the drive mode to Self-time/Remote control. Then if you look in front of the camera to the left, you'll see the clear eye where u aim the remote at. Remote works EVERY time.. Thanks!

At 6 and 1/2 bucks it definitely worth it! I have a canon T2i (aka D550&kiss x-4) and it works great with it. Its a simple as opening the packaging, removing the thin clear plastic battery saver and setting your camera to self timer/remote in your settings. Other people are posting that it does not work but either I am one of the luck ones or there is some operator error on there behalf ie. camera settings,battery saver not being removed or a dead battery. My only complaint would be it does not (that I have discovered) have a 2 second delay like some other brands do, its instant. The range is actually pretty decent, I tested it up to 20 feet. Since it is IR based you do have to be in direct line of sight and pointed straight at the sensor on the camera. It is more sensitive than your typical tv remote as far as being pointed straight at it. You pretty much have to be straight on, not much of a cone effect signal but more of a tunnel. All in all, a decent product for a low price. Thanks for reading H.A.

it did not work on my d90... this is my first bad experience from this site ever... i'm just glad it didn't cost over 20 buck... (i'm hurst amazon truly hurt)... I have trust issues now lol.. but on the real it didn't work... don't buy ever!!! - Digital Camera Accessory - Camera Remote - Canon Remote - Canon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canon Remote - canon, camera remote digital camera accessory Canon Remote - canon, camera remote