Wednesday 23 February 2011

Slide Scanner - portable scanner, photo scanner


I was so exicted to get this it had 5 stars and rave reviews. I have hundreds of photos to scan in.I was thinking what an easy way to scan them in to digital scrapbook. It is easy to use and can take to Grandpa's house when I visit. The MAJOR issue is it washes out the color. You then have to spend time doing lots of color correction to make skintones look correct. Fixing color,so Grandma is not pale white but has a bit of pink in her face, turned the green curtains blue and lost the depth in some photos. The whites realy pop and have to be toned down also. However a black and white photo worked great and looked even better when scanned in the sleeve provided. So give up quality for easy of use and portablilty? Only you can make that choice. Would I purchase it again or tell a friend to buy one, no. The technology needs to get a bit better. Kodak P811 8x10 Personal Photo and Negative Scanner

I love this little toy. I am haveing so much fun scanning all my pictures and negatives. There has not been a problem yet and I used it for about 7 hours yesterday. My first day with it. The only pictures that came out with marks on them or anything else was because of the picture not the machine. I have 5 children and 17 grandchildren so shareing all the old pictures will be so much easyer. Not to mention what my Mom has. Yes I would tell anyone to get this. Now I can scrap those pictures and share them.

Sorry, this is not really a review. I just want to correct something a previous person wrote. I bought this as a gift for someone and the box DOES INCLUDE a power adapter so you can use it without batteries. Since I did not use this item myself I cannot give it a review. However, the person who received it loves it and said to give it 4 stars.

I absolutely LOVED this machine when I received it and for a long while thereafter. I did look at other reviews before purchasing it, but I was in desperate need for a small, second scanner for me that I could utilize while watching TV in the evenings (my other scanner/FAX/copier was in another room.) It was purchased to accomplish my scanning in my mother's (age 86) photo albums (18 in all) and loading them onto a digital photo frame for her enjoyment at her assisted living facility. After scanning approximately 1,200+ photos, a white line started appearing across the photos. I have cleaned the scanned NUMEROUS times but the line still remains. (My opinion is that the "bar" that grabs the photos is worn.) This problem was the one I had read in a review of the product before purchasing it and was my biggest concern. I'm improvising at this time and getting the photos scanned but not without some additional time comsuming work cropping them. I'm hoping I can finish the scans before another white line starts to appear in another area. Other than this problem, it has worked for my main purpose. I was hoping to use it for my own photo albums (too numerous to mention), but I have a feeling it's not going to last much longer without the lines. - Portable Scanner - Scanner - Photo Scanner - Negative Scanner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information