Wednesday 23 February 2011

Portable Keyboard - laptop, portable


This is a nice product, a little thick, but solid key clicks. The make or break for this item would be a locking mechanism to keep it open so you could use it on your lap, as is if you try and use it on your lap it will fold in half. Matias Folding Keyboard

I spend a good chunk of each day working on my laptop in coffee shops and wanted something that was portable and full-sized. I've been using the keyboard now for about a week. The keyboard is a good compromise for something so light that also folds into such a small package. While it doesn't feel like a desktop keyboard, it's better than the laptop keyboard and better than I expected.



It has a few drawbacks. First, it doesn't unfold completely flat. There's a slight angle when it's open, but this isn't very noticeable when typing. Second, the insert, delete, page up & down group of keys are much smaller and not in the expected positions. It's easy to hit the wrong one. Third, it needs some way to tilt the keyboard toward you, such as some fold-out feet. I may resort to carrying a couple of wood dowels of the right size to tilt it at a comfortable angle.



But despite these drawbacks, I would recommend it for those who want to make their laptop work more comfortable. I also recommend getting the iFold stand to bring the screen up to a more comfortable level. I wish I had found both of these products before I spent the last 2 years hunching over a laptop!

My job requires lots of travel so I use my laptop extensively. Although I can type fairly well using the laptop keyboard, I can only type numbers by touch with a numeric keyboard. I've tried the USB numeric pads, but they slide and don't work for me. Who wants to carry a full sized keyboard in their bag? Not me!



This product looked perfect and it nearly is! I agree with the other reviewer in that it doesn't sit completely flat. It needs some type of brace to lock it, and it definitely needs the ability to tilt forward just like a regular keyboard with folding feet. I've looked closely at this keyboard and it seems those two things would be easy to add. I really like this product. I hope it's improved - and I hope the price gets lower!!

I love this keyboard. I carry it around with my netbook because I simply can't stand the little chicklet keys on them. On this keyboard, the caps lock key is replaced by the function key (caps lock is a function key shortcut). In addition, the keys corresponding to the pointer, bird, and ring fingers of the right hand are function key shortcuts for the arrow keys, home, and end. Once you get used to this, you'll never want to go back to a standard keyboard.



Tactile feed back could be a little better: I'd give it a 3/5



For ease of use, strategically placed function key shortcuts, portability, and just how friggin' cool a folding keyboard is, this gets a 5/5 from me.

We received the folding keyboard in a timely manner. It's light and great for use with our mini computer. But, the keys sound "cheap" and must be struck quite heavily. the "O" always needs to be struck twice in order to register. Also, when striking the same key twice (such as the "ll" in yellow) the letters will not appear unless hit very slowly. We plan to return the keyboard.

As others have mentioned, I was disappointed that there was no way to lock the keyboard open.



I have fashioned a work-around that has solved the issue, for me anyway. I attached two pieces of pile velcro (the peel-off type, ½" wide) to the back. I ran these on the long axis and aligned, as long as would fit, one on each half. I then attached a single piece of two sided velcro strap across both pieces of the pile, stretched tight.



This creates enough counter pressure to overcome the built-in spring loading that wants to make it fold up. The keyboard now works very well in my lap.

For anyone who cares about EMF's on laptops, or getting hot hands from using the laptop keyboard, or does not like the 'not full sized' keys,

then this is the keyborad for you to travel with!



I researched a lot of the oter travel keyboards: the rollable ones especially due to their convenience.



I kept reading that the keys sometimes stuck, etc.



HOWEVER, this foldable keyboard never sticks. It works great. And it folds so nicely. I have no complaints, and use it as my regular keybarod at home, in addition to traveling.



It is not wireless, which suits me fine, as anything wireless increases the EMF exposure you are getting while computing.

I really liked this keyboard. Same size, folded, as my Acer. Liked the keys response to pressure, easy to get going. After about two weeks the "y" key stopped responding, a few more days it was the left "shift" key, then the "T" So I sent it back, disappointed and still looking for something that works. - Laptop - Portable - Folding Keyboard - Usb Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information