Thursday 27 January 2011

Oral B Replacement Brushes - electric toothbrush, dual action


I had read the reviews about this bigger head, and I thought cool, twice the brushing power in the same amount of time! However, after having received it, I'm a little dissappointed. It doesn't appear as though it's that big, but it feels very large in mouth. It felt like I was trying to brush my teeth with my thumb. I had trouble getting the brush into the far reaches of my mouth whereas before with the smaller head I had no problems. I'm not a small person either, I'm 6'1" and 190lbs, with an average size mouth. It's really not that different than the standard head, it's just bigger. I think what bothered me most about the bigger head is that the angles at which you approach your teeth are now more limited because of the increased brush size. Because of this, getting the brush into every nook and cranny is now more difficult. Also, because it is bigger, it's harder to close your mouth around the wand, which means you get more toothpaste goo running down the brush.



Unfortunately, I bought the economical 3-pack. I should have bought the single one just to try it out, but I was certain I'd love the bigger one. Oh well...

One of these brush heads came with my Oral B 980TX power toothbrush. I liked it so much more than the regular FlexiSoft head that I immediately ordered the 3-pack.



The extra bristles with their side-to-side oscillation add more oomph to the Oral B's tingle-inducing cleaning action. I can feel it all the way to the base of each tooth. When I rinse, I see more loosened debris swirling down the drain. I finish my morning brushing with a hydrogen peroxide rinse, and, man oh man, does it get foamy, an indication of freshly cleaned dental and gum surfaces.



The price is already a bargain but with additional available discounts like Free Super Saver Shipping, it's a steal.

The Oral B EB417 dual head power brush replacement does a great job of getting into tight places, reaching back teeth, removing plaque, has a nice gum massage action, and leaves your mouth and teeth feeling clean and very refreshed. The two heads work twice as good as one, but may take some getting used to if your used to a single brush head.



Using it by gently guiding it over your teeth, and letting it do all the work, it will last a long time too. It was nearly three months before I had to replace mine. Most Oral B brushes are interchangeable with all Oral B units. This one though, according to the buying info here, may not be used with the Cross Action brush. It will also indicate when it's time for replacement by the fading colors of the bristles.(the box shows as good picture of new and used). Just a little of your favorite toothpaste goes a long way too!



It's a 5 star product, but unless you are just one person who just wants to try it out, the better buy would be to purchase the three pack. It's almost like getting one free. My pack also came with different color rings, that fit on the brush at the base and is nice for families to tell the brushes apart. It's nice to have a spare for unexpected guests as well.



also recommended:

Tom's of Maine Natural Care Fluoride Toothpaste, Anticavity, Baking Soda, Peppermint, 6 oz (170 g) (Pack of 6)



Keep Smiling....Laurie



more good stuff:

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Twin Set - Total: 36 oz (18 oz X 2)

Dove Pro-Age Shampoo, 12 fl oz (355 ml) (Pack of 3)

When I first switched from a standard toothbrush to Braun's power rotating brush head, I was surprised at how much cleaner it made my teeth feel. Then I tried this DualAction brush head, and loved it even more in about 3 seconds. Still do. In fact, I recently ordered 5 of the 3-packs all at once because I've had trouble finding them in stores and I was afraid they would stop making them or change the design.



Now, it is true that at first it feels like you've put one of those power floor scrubbers in your mouth, in that it feels kinda big and industrial until you're used to it. But boy does it make your teeth and gums feel cleaner. And I was accustomed to the different feel by the end of my first brushing with it. If that sounds potentially troubling to you, I recommend just buying a one-pack the first time. It's not cheap, after all, but for me it's been well worth the cost. Do try it.



I should also note that when I mentioned to my dentist that I've been using this, she referred to it as a "business killer." I take that as another good sign.

I was leery of the shape at first, but after one brushing, I'm hooked! The teeth are much slicker compared to the standard round head after brushing. The head is bigger, but the round part can reach hard spots.

If my Oral B had a flaw, it was that the brush head was a little on the small side. This corrects that problem and really adds a lot of cleaning and gum massaging to the brush action. Worth the little extra money, but do note that the brush is over twice as big with this addition...if you like the small size of the other head, this might be too much. - Electric Toothbrush - Dual Action - Oral B Refills - Refills'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information