Thursday 27 January 2011

Insulated Back Pack - backpacking, picnic time


We took this backpack on vacation to Utah and this pack did the trick. It's a durable product and the photo is very accurate. My only complaint was that the the flap was a bit of pain when trying to get in and out of the main zipper compartment. I would still recommend this product. Picnic Time Turismo Insulated Backpack Cooler, Botanica

Love this bag. Only been using it for a couple weeks but my job is 12 hrs or more on the road and with all the pockets in this thing I have a place for everything. Love all the pockets and the reach-through on the top flap. Zippers, stitching and material seem heavy duty and of high quality. Love the water holder, I can get a large bottle in there and it stays cold surprisingly long. Very secure. It comes with an inexpensive water bottle but I'd just as soon drop in the store-bought. Keeps everything very secure. A great bag at twice the price.

My wife picked this up for me as a daily lunch carrier since I tend to carry books and other items besides my lunch. It was a bit larger then expected but since I work in an art field no one seemed to make fun of it since some of them carry truly strange things. Although it's larger then I'd like it is good for what it is and therefore I recommend it.



Pros:

Rugged, thick canvas.

Strong zippers, though plastic.

Thick insulation.

Plenty of zippered pockets.

Large capacity.

Good for a day trip on the trail.

External bottle carrier.



Cons:

Cheapest water bottle ever made. Leaks. (You'll be replacing it.)

Velcro on small side pockets is worthless. Should be magnetic snaps.

Pocket inside main compartments lid is very awkward to use.

Main flap has small velcro strip. Not a secure fastener.

I have been using this all summer to take me lunch to work. This is three times the size of my old lunch bag, which has caused a lot of jokes because I got it because I decided to eat healthier. But it really carries three meals, not just lunch (small meal more often.) Breakfast (which I use to skip), fruit and oatmeal( my first break). Lunch, a piece of fruit and a salad (and of course water.). And some yogurt and a apple for my last break. Before, I would have a sandwich (sometimes two), chips and desert for lunch. So the bag did not have to be very large to carry a lot of calories. And I would hit the vending machines for my breaks. The bag has plenty of pockets for knife, fork and spoon. Not to mention napkins and other doodads. I had a bubble gel icepack that fits perfectly in the bag. My only complaint is that the removable water bottle carrier sometimes comes out with the bottle when you don't what it to. The toggle that holds it comes loose a little bit each time you pull the bottle out until it is loose enough that the whole thing comes out. You have to check the toggle once in a while. I would prefer it if you could put a bottle in without the carrier, since I never use the carrier by itself.

Cooler is well made and appears durable. Product shipped quickly. Plenty of room for meals for a 12 hour shift worker. I did not receive a water bottle with it. I like the cooler but will give the company a thumbs down for not sending entire contents of purchased item, and I will not buy from them again.

I searched 'world wide' for this backpack cooler and am extremely happy. I love all the extra compartments, the insulation is great, good space in main compartment. Product is strong and sturdy. It is exactly what I was after for a family backpack cooler..... to take to parks, beach, picnics. I would recommend this product. Shipping info was good too - quick service. Go for it!

I bought this as a gift for my daughter who does a lot of hiking, biking etc. , outdoor activities. She was delighted with it becasue it is insulated, has many compartments and seems very durable. I'm probably reviewing prematurely since it's winter and the use will come more in other seasons but all indications are that it is a top pick. She was really excited about it and she does a lot of outdoor days so knows a lot about equipment. We both wish there were more color choices but that is not the point of the equipment.

I started looking for a new lunch box/bag about a month ago. I wanted something larger; I wanted something that would fit one of the larger Lean Cuisine boxes, some veggies and a breakfast muffin, had a water bottle holder, and a separate pocket or enough space for my Nook. Eventually I stumbled on backpack coolers. I was definitely getting closer. Finally I found this backpack. I actually got mine off of E-Bay because I really liked the Vista Blue color.

I absolutely love this backpack! There are pockets everywhere...including one that fits my Nook like a glove so it's nicely protected from the weather as it gets colder. I love the large insulated pocket and the smaller insulated pocket (actually I think all of the pockets have at least some insulation). I can put my breakfast goodies in the top pocket and my lunch in the main compartment and still have room for, say, books if I stop at the library after work (after all, the Nook simply can't replace some books!).

I like the sort of rugged rubber bottom and backing on the straps. The backing on the straps is ingenious...if you're carrying the bag slung over one shoulder it doesn't slip down your arm like the typical backpack. I also like how the pack stands upright on its own.

About the only complaint I have about the backpack is the water bottle pocket. It is quite large and designed to fit the large water bottle that is included (with a nifty insulated pouch you can take along without the bag). I have a smaller bottle I fill with milk and I've got the water bottle pocket cinched as tight as I can so hopefully there won't be any milk disasters while I'm commuting on the train!

Yes, this backpack is large and in reality I don't need quite as much room (3-4 inches smaller would've been perfect), but I like how much space I have. I like that everything I need to carry during the day has a spot without me carrying it in a separate bag or in my pockets.

I'm planning on taking this backpack with me on a trip to Baltimore. It'll be filled with my knitting stuff and I'll save some room to bring back some wine or other goodies. I'll also have plenty of space for snacks since it seems like airlines don't give free snacks anymore. - Insulated Back Pack - Insulated Bag - Picnic Time - Backpacking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information