Thursday 27 January 2011

Ergonomic Wrist Rest - ergonomics, handstands


I had switched a couple of years back to a wave style keyboard that I really like but that made it pretty impossible to use a standard wrist rest since the front is curved. This bean-bag style bag is great as it assumes any shape needed. Couldn't be happier - and I have rheumatoid arthritis in both hands and wrists. You sometimes need to smooth out the "beans" as you'll end up with indentations where your wrists are, but I find it to be an advantage since my wrists change size and shape with flare ups anyway! Very soft flannel, too. Now I use my old gel pad wrist support to cushion my feet when the toes flare up! Or maybe I'll cut it in half and put one half each on the chair arms for when the elbows flare up...hmmm hadn't thought of that until just now! Handstands-Ergonomic Beads Wrist Rest

As far as wrist rests go, this one is a little bit too tall. It makes my hands have to reach down to the keyboard. Also, when you rest your wrists, as it is a bean bag-type, you create indentations of your wrists, which makes it difficult to reposition your hands as you type.

Just recd wrist rest today, and it is very nice! The texture is like a bean bag. It is only the wrist rest though, and does not include the keyboard. I ordered this without reading the description and just looking at the picture and believed it was a keyboard at a great price. This was my fault for not being more careful, but don't make same mistake. If you are looking for a wrist rest only it is really nice!!

I've been using one of these for about 6-8 months, I bought it at Staples. I'm not sure how much I paid for it, so I can't say whether it was a good dollar value or not. As I recall, it was priced comparably to similar items of it's type.



I will say that the cushioning action of the beads is pretty mediocre, at best. You can pretty easily "bottom out" your wrists onto whatever hard surface your computer rests on with little/no trouble. Supposedly, flipping the product over can vary the degree of cushioning/support you receive, but I found the difference between the two sides to be almost indiscernible.



The seam separating the top & bottom sections of the product is also showing noticeable wear after only several months of a few hours of use, 3-4 days a week. I certainly din't think this item was "bulletproof", but I expected it to last at least a full year. I can readily envision opening my computer bag one day soon to find the hundreds of small plastic beads previously filling this device to be merrily inhabiting my bottom of my computer bag, instead. Won't THAT be a fun mess to clean up!!!!



As a preemptive measure, I'll be purchasing a new wrist-rest in the near future. Needless to say, I'm sure it won't be a Handstands product,either. But if the idea of cleaning 100s of small plastic beads up from bags, desks, or floors gives you a thrill; this item might be right up your alley.



Have fun!!!!!

Employees are raving about this product. As soon as one employee sees someone using it others are asking about it. Much better than the traditional rests and very easy on the wrist. I will be ordering more.

I use an ergonomic keyboard at work that has 'sort-of' a wrist rest.



This wrist rest conforms nicely to any keyboard shape (have used it with several different keyboards).



The fabric is soft has hold up well to daily use.

I had abandoned using my desktop in favor of my laptop. A new keyboard and mouse helped changed that, but this HandStands keyboard wrist pad, along with the mouse pad and wrist pad have totally changed that.



My desktop is now a pleasure to use and type on thanks to these products.



I was really skeptical as to whether or not this rest would make a difference or not. Well.... I'm not a skeptic anymore. All the 5 star reviews were right on! - Ergonomic Wrist Rest - Ergonomics - Wrist Cushion - Handstands'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information