Thursday 27 January 2011

Computer Cables - computer cables, sata cables


Thought it would be to short looking at the package. It unrolled though to an amazing length that would easily fit any tower.



Don't let the name fool you either. I almost did. It is a SATA data cable for a SATA drive to hook to a motherboard. Nothing could be easier then hooking this up either. All you have to do is plug one end into the drive you wish to connect and the other into the motherboard. No fussing over pin 1 or master/slave jumpers like you have to do with most IDE drives. SATA drives are a wonderfully easy thing to hook up. Seriously doubt that there is anything easier to hook up then this.



The only thing you need to hook this cable and the drive to your motherboard(the flat square thing in your tower that everything is connected to) is a 1" long by 1" high tab on the motherboard that has a slight (almost so slight you won't notice at first glance) L shape to it. Tripp Lite P940-19I Serial ATA (SATA) Signal Cable (19 Inches)

I bought this after buying a new hard drive. I am more sued to the older stuff and was amazed to see and read about the new technology. it has been like 5-7 years since i had bought a desktop and in 2002 I had JUSt started learning about computers in college. A newer connection for the newer type of HDDs. Cheap price and just as good or better buying off of amazon than off of the Dell Website (dell inspirion 530 accesory/part). used it to put in a hard drive i had bought at walmart (it didnt come with the cord and was not gonna spend 20-30 bucks for a small cord).

This "Tripp Lite SATA Cable" is exactly what I needed to install a new hard drive in my HP tower chassis PC. Here are my observations:



+ Good Quality; the cable and connectors are well made

+ Good Length; this is long enough to reach anywhere in my mid-seized tower

+ Inexpensive; even with shipping, this was much cheaper than my local PC store wanted for a similar cable



This cable works well and was easy to install.



Highly Recommended!



CFH

It's a 19 in. SATA cable, it works exactly like it's supposed to. There are conveniently placed depressable clips on both ends that makes it much easier to pull out. Plus, comes with a lifetime warranty.

I bought this SATA cable for 2 reasons. 1. it was an inch longer then most and I thought I might need it, and 2. it had a 3gps transfer rate for the same price as the 150mps cables. Installing the cable was easy if you've done it before. this goes to my secondary hard drive and transferring data between the two are above expectation. all in all I recommend this cable. - Hard Drive - Sata - Sata Cables - Computer Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information