Monday 17 January 2011

Office Chair - office chair


I work a front office job and needed to try something other than a regular chair. I waivered between sitting on a 65cm ball or this chair, which would provide back support. I have to say that I LOVED this chair when I sat in it. So comfortable and the back support was just where I needed it. But...when I took my chair into work, it was too low to really be effective at my work desk. I had read other reviews about this, and people mention that the ball must not have been inflated enough. I actually like having the ball a bit overinflated, and this chair was still too low (I'm 5'7"). So I ended up returning the chair and sticking with a 65cm ball. I do have to give customer service 5 stars for their awesome coordination. The first chair I ordered had been damaged in shipping, and the return process to get a replacement was so easy. Then when I called to return the replacement, the rep was so helpful and courteous. Isokinetics Inc. Brand Adjustable Back Exercise Ball Chair - Black 52cm Ball - Free Starter Pump

I love this chair!! I felt my side muscles getting a "work out" the first few days and it helps me with my posture and keeps me from crossing my legs!! I recommend this chair to anyone who is sick of slouching all day in front of a computer. :)

It does say somewhere to slowly transition from your old chair to this new one, so this isn't a complaint. For me, I find the ball hurts my butt after a while (as if I'm sitting on a hard surface even though I'm not)



The back rest is great though, which is why I choose this model over some of the other ones where reviewers said the back support was weak or unusable.

This is the best office work chair I have ever had. My back and hips don't get stiff and sore. I work at a desk all day (1o+ hrs) and forget to get up and stretch. With this chair I don't need to get up. By simply leaning in different directions my muscles get a workout. It's great. I don't have a problem with the movement of the chair, its rolling away or not moving. I would definitely recommend this chair.

I'm 5'7" and without the additional height adjusters I purchased separately, it may have been too short for me. But i have to say I love using it at work, it is the right height for me, and i'm very impressed by the back rest. The back rest is very supportive and adjustable!!!! I just started using it today and I sat up straight with good posture all day. Nice ball too, just add more air to get it the height you need.

We LOVE this chair. My kids keep stealing it from me. Very comfortable -- but a little "sticky" when wearing shorts in the summer. I just put a towel on top. It's the right height for me. I'm 5'8", but I think it's more about the height of your desk than about your own height. It replaced a typical office chair, and I haven't had any height problems. My kids are comfortable at their desk with it as well.



The company sent me the wrong colored ball when I ordered, but they were really nice and accomodating about it.

I bought this chair because I spend many hours in front of a computer every day and my posture was getting progressively worse. Additionally, I thought that if my core was a little stronger, I'd be more likely to take a walk in the afternoon or just get off my butt and do a little activity. I opted for this chair with the weight-bearing back because, well, I'm lazy and want to lean back every now and then.



For those things this chair met every expectation, plus some. The chair is well constructed, easy to assemble, very sturdy, and very comfortable. I immediately was able to sit comfortably and with proper posture, and when I did wish to lean back, the back support is fantastic. I found my posture and balance better as early as 3 days into the process, even when walking or standing. It certainly is easy enough to "cheat" with slouching and leaning back, but if nothing else, the chair keeps you more aware of how you're sitting and just reminds you to use your muscles.



Not to mention it's quite the conversation piece in the office.



With all that being said, I've actually moved to sitting on just an exercise ball most of the time because I really wanted to embrace the "Active Sitting" idea. I was afraid that it would just be too hard and would make my back hurt, so I'd need the back support and stability offered in this chair; however, what I discovered is that the chair actually seems TOO comfortable to give me the additional activity I was hoping for just by sitting. Sure, it did improve my posture and help with my core, so it obviously helps. But if you're looking for something that really helps you move around more in the office, I found it difficult to do much more than kegels, bouncing, and just wiggling on this size ball without feeling like there was potential to lose your balance. And while the wheels are great for moving around, they don't cause you to move your body any more than a regular chair does. I'm still undecided on whether to send the chair back and use my regular office chair when my back needs a break from the regular ball, or to keep it to maintain some level of activity even while sitting more comfortably.



So in summary, if I had it all to do again, I would probably have started with an exercise ball alone to see how I did. Then, if it gave me more back pain than it does (as it is, I think the slight "pain" I experience is still just weak muscles; not a result of an injury or anything), I would definitely have tried the chair and highly recommend it to those who have not had good experience with an exercise ball alone but do want to strengthen their core and posture just by sitting. The quality alone gives this chair 5 stars for me... there's truly not a single part of it that is poorly made, and so I knock off no stars for my personal experience/goals with it. - Office Chair'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information