Monday 17 January 2011

Docking Stations - docking stations, mp3


I bought this item because of it style and listed functions. It does look good, but the device is a little difficult to get used to. Just about all the control buttons are flush mounted because of this style, and as a result are sometimes hard to locate, especially when you are in a morning funk when the alarm is going off. The all-important "snooze" button is a classic case of this. It is also recessed, and you can easily miss it, smudging the beatiful smooth surfaces in your attempts to snooze it. All in all, it's OK, it is just that I bought it as a daily use alarm clock, and it is taking me a while to come to grips w/ it. Philips DC190 iPod Docking Clock Radio

I've had my new Philips clock for about 2 months now. It's a lot smaller than my Sony Dream Machine, which I loved for it's speakers/audio as well as the easy-to-use features like snooze, nap and switching from standard to daylight savings time. But enough about that old clock...



I purchased this clock for several reasons, but primarily for my iPod (there is a non-iPod version of this clock). For an alarm clock, I'm happy with the audio quality. It's small, it looks sleek and it's relatively easy to set up in terms of selecting the iPod for the alarm. Additionally it includes 2 alarm settings that you can associate with 1 day of the week, every day or Mon-Fri.



As an alarm clock, it's not so wonderful for two reasons. The buttons, including power, snooze and volume, feel cheap and are not easy to push/press (in order to push a button, I have to apply equal pressure on the other side of the unit). And as far as I can tell, the snooze only works for up to 30 minutes and then it automatically shuts itself off.



I'll keep this clock for awhile since it wasn't cheap and I didn't keep the packaging to return it. Or I'll bring it into work as an iPod player. Then I'll seriously consider buying a Sony for my next alarm clock. - Docking Stations - Alarm - Alarm Clock - Mp3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


mp3 Docking Stations - docking stations, mp3