Monday 17 January 2011

Ipad Charger


This is a cheap copy of the real thing. The included USB adapter doesn't fit properly in the iPAD. It is 10 Watt, but it doesn't charge the unit is fast as the original iPad charger. I'd buy the real thing! Compatible 10-Watt USB Power Adapter for iPad

There is truth to the claims that this is not the same charger as the one that comes with the iPad. I just got this today and the two units are definitely different...this one is lighter, has different writing on it [the phrase "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China" is missing from this product even though it does say "(c) 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved." The electrical information appears to be the same. I note that the male USB receptacle is mounted in this unit the other way around! There are some other difference too.



I haven't had it long enough to see if the charging performance is the same or roughly the same, but I plan to test this over the next few days. At least my iPad does charge. Not sure about the rate of charging or if this is a durable product.



Comment: I have a charger for my Nook Color that is rated at 5V and 1.9A (or 9.5W). The iPad will NOT charge at all with this charger, but it does charge with the unit under review here. Apple has obviously built some smarts into the iPad and has a fairly tight range of voltage/current that it will accept for charging.



I have been using this charger for the last 3 nights to recharge my iPad 2. Even though this is not an Apple product, the price is also not an Apple product price, either. It seems to work fine for charging my iPad. I will continue to post updates on how this charger performs. And for those who only want the Apple charger, why not order it from Apple or Best Buy? Apple products always seem to come with Apple prices and not discounted (unless Apple has discounted the product themselves (like they did for the 1st gen iPad recently).



Edit: I have now been using this charger for nearly two weeks. It works fine. I'm not giving it 5 stars as the product wording does lead one to believe it is an Apple product. But the iPad 2 won't tolerate charges can't can't supply the required 2 A @ 5V. This one does and charges my iPad 2 the same rate as the one that came with my iPad. It's a good bit cheaper, but it hasn't fallen apart and doesn't over heat.

This is a counterfeit copy of the Apple iPad charger. When connected to this charger, the iPad battery icon shows that the iPad is charging, but it blinks, indicating that the iPad is not charging at full power like it does with the real 10W charger.

The title of this item says that it is an Apple product, and even references the Apple part number for an iPad charger (A1357). This is NOT an Apple product. It is a cheap knock-off, I am fearful of plugging my iPad 2 into this cheaply made item. This will be returned to Amazon.com with an appropriate complaint filed as well.

This is my first review on Amazon, and I felt compelled to leave the review to let others know that this product is a knock-off. The product is not a real apple product, and just a cheap knock-off made in china.

this item did not work. I have sent it back to the vendor and have been waiting for them to send a replacement as per there instructions. I am not happy with this company. I believe they are based in New York, NY

This charger is NOT for an iPad. It may look like the iPad charger but it is not. After one charging cycle, it quit working. I suspect it is not really a 10 watt charger. I compared to the original charger and this one is lighter....so there must be a few components missing...

I ordered and then cancelled the order. Evidently this is NOT an Apple product at all but Amazon implies that it is. I have learned that chargers must match the product being charged. I have two so called universal chargers and neither would work with the iPad. I plan to visit an Apple store and buy the real Apple product.

My original iPad charger was ruined after taking a bath in the sink.. so I was in dire need of a charger and I bought this one... a decision I deeply regret.



This product is most definitely not the real thing. It had a lighter cheap plastic feeling to it and it smelled like burnt plastic when I plugged it in the outlet. Also, it heated up too fast. At first I thought it wouldn't matter as long as it charged my iPad normally. Well... not only did it not charge my iPad, it drained the power completely until it was dead and then it would charge at a rate of 2% per hour. I'm not exaggerating. It was really sad and I returned the product immediately. At least I received a full refund on the item or I would have been pissed off.



SO, I warn all of you who want to buy this "10 watt" power adapter. If you value your iPad experience, spend the extra 15 bucks to get the real charger and don't waste your time with this cheap knock off.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad Charger Ipad Charger