Monday 17 January 2011

Headphone Input Sound Adapter - audio cables, adapters


I used this to hook up my computer speakers to my 40-in Sony Bravia TV, which only had RCA output audio jacks for an external audio source.



Solution: Buy this handy-dandy converter, and I was able to instantly use my computer speakers. Of course, I wouldn't recommend using CHEAP computer speakers, as in, computer speakers that use the power from the computer to power them. That would probably break your TV. Mine were a bit nicer, and had a small subwoofer and had to have it's own power source (ie. a Power cable)



The only problem is that this TV is unlike my old one, which had the capability to have computer speakers hook directly into one of the 'audio outputs' on the back of the TV, so I could control the volume using the TV remote. On this TV (and many others, I assume), by using this converter, my TV thinks that the audio is a separate device with it's own remote.



Downside: I have to get up every time I want to turn up/down the TV. Eh, it's not that bad, considering I play movies/tv shows using my Phillips DivX dvd player. And for those that don't know what DivX is you had better get a word-a-day calendar or something because it is well worth the money.

---------------------------

UPDATE 6/4/2010 - Product has been going strong for the past couple years. I have started to notice a low 'humming' coming from my speakers, but then again my Logitech speakers are now over 5 years old, so what can you expect?? I hooked them up to my digital piano and the humming was still present, so I know that it is my speakers and not the converter. I stand by my review I made over a year ago: get this if you want a simple way to connect your computer speakers to your TV! "2 x RCA Male / 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Female, Y-Cable, 6 inch"

This is a great adapter as it allows me to use regular "Walkman" headphones to listen to a television. I use an extension cord between this adapter and my headphones to listen to tv while on my treadmill. Perfect.

I bought 3 of these to connect the analog outputs of my Samsung Blu-ray player to my Logitech 5.1 computer speaker system. The physical connection felt ok, but when I ran the speaker test, things were not ok. Only one of the front speakers got a signal, while both surround speakers got a signal at the same time. I switched the cables around every which way, and got nothing but improper sound output to the various speakers and subwoofer.



I then found some better quality cables of the same type that stated "stereo" on the package at a local store for $3.89 each, just slightly more than I paid for these after shipping. After swapping them in I ran the speaker test on the Samsung player again, and got correct sound out of all 5 speakers and the subwoofer.

Since I got these cables for$.62 each plus $2.99 non-refundable shipping each, they weren't worth returning.



Bottom Line: ***tty cables

I wanted to play games quietly but my tv didn't have a headphone jack. So I bought these to get around that problem and they work very well. One problem though is that it exchanges my left earphone for my right, but I just switch the colors around (red in white and white in red).



Some helpful advice:



1. Your tv has to have red and white "audio out" ports (usually in the back)



2. Like me, you may need a headphone extension cord. My headphones are a little short so my face is 2 feet away from the tv screen.



3. Many of you may run into a little problem where sound is coming from both the headphones and the tv which kinda defeats the purpose of the headphones. My solution was to turn the tv sound all the way down while the headphones were still plugged in. For some reason the sound for the tv speakers go down but not the headphones.



Hope that helps.

If that's what your goal is with this cable... then look no further. I recommend throwing a headphone extension cord into the equation as well, if you don't already have one.



Can also be used to run audio out of your TV to other speakers (PC). A nice, handy item.

This is an important attachment for a 3.5 mm male to male audio cable to carry sound from your laptop to your big screen TV. The 25 feet extension male to male 3.5 mm cable help you to sit further away from the TV with your laptop and watch movies at youtube, netflix and other online streamers. The most important attachment for better sound quality.

I have a flat screen TV, but don't want to run home theater cables all over. I have a great computer speaker system (2.1) but the cable didn't have a matching output on my TV. This conversion cable did the trick. I especially like that it is short, as the existing cable was long, and the whole idea is to minimize cables. No brainer here: Less than $10 so I don't have to buy a new sound system. - Audio Cables - Electronic Headphone Adapter - Adapters - Headphone Input Sound Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Headphone Input Sound Adapter - audio cables, adapters audio cables Headphone Input Sound Adapter - audio cables, adapters