Wednesday 26 January 2011

Leather Belt


Belt looks realy nice kind of stiff but on looks il rate it a 5 but the damn thing broke when i tried to tighten it the belt buckle tore loose from the leather belt, next time i will buy a made in America belt China makes this item Columbia Men's 35mm Genuine Reversible Leather Laced Belt,Brown/Black,38

Why carry two belts when you can just reverse this one to match either black or brown? The brown side has some black in it as well to match most any combination. My only criticism is that the all black side looks a little cheezy, but once you put it on it's hard to notice and looks fine really. The brown and black side is quite attractive IMO. The buckle flips around easily to reverse, and has proven sturdy in a few months of frequent use.

I'm a big guy so finding items that fit me, are hard to come by. So Amazon, I guess knowing I'm a big guy - recommend this one. It has the basic black (on one side), and a nice stylish brown leather/Black laced pattern (On the other, hence reversible). I must say that - the picture shown above doesn't do well to show it off. I was originally worried about the "worn" look the picture above seems to show. But when I got the built, mine didn't seem to show an worn look to it.



I agree with the other commentators to get a size bigger then you usually do. The belt does seem to be a bit stiff then expected.



Pros:

Stylish

Made for bigger guys

Reversible

Sturdy: Belt, and buckle both well made.

Well priced





Cons:

Black side is... Basic doesn't have much flair compared to brown side.

Bit stiff.

I dislike the Columbia logo, at the buckle end of the built. But it doesn't take away really anything from the built. In my opinion if some girl is that close to me, to notice the logo - she'll be too busy to say anything at the time, or notice.

The buckle on this belt is fastened to the belt using two small screws that go through the leather and sort of "clamp" it against the other side. I had my belt maybe 3 weeks when the leather gave way and the buckle came off!!



I could have "fixed" this by cutting the end of, re-notching the end to match the current and "re-clamp" but I knew that it would simply fail again.



This is a flawed design, many of the "dressy" buckles that are meant to look good, have this and they cannot take the actual pressure.



Instead, I am returning my belt for a credit and I already have a nice Carhartt belt picked out.



The belt IS very nice looking which is why it got 2 stars instead of 1. Reversible is VERY nice, but the lousy clamp design ruined it for me. (Exchanging made no sense either since the buckles will all have the "clamp" design)



It is not allowing me to mark this as an item I purchased (I guess since I returned it)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Leather Belt Leather Belt Leather Belt