Wednesday 26 January 2011

Ac-dc Converter - gps system accessories, garmin ac charger


The AC/DC Converter coverts 110-240V AC to 12V DC 1.0 A. The Nuvi 885t's MSN Direct cigarette lighter charger/receiver fits snugly and in addition to charging the unit also allows access to the MSN Direct network outside the car. One can complete all trip planning, including information from the MSN Direct network, on the Nuvi before you get into the car. Garmin AC/DC to Vehicle Power Adapter

This is a simple, sturdy, lightweight product that does exactly what it promises - you can plug any Garmin Nuvi GPS system's cigarette lighter plug into this and then plug this into the wall - so you can charge your Nuvi anywhere you have access to AC.



Nice!

I tried buying a cheaper (non-Garmin) wall plug-in cigarette lighter adapter and my nuvi 880 would constantly cycle on and off, with the voice saying things like "Battery power low." -- really annoying. When I saw this item made by Garmin, I bought it. I am really glad that I did. When plugged into this adapter my nuvi charges great, on or off, without any annoying cycling or voice messages. For folks with the MSN Live feature on the GPS, the only way the unit will stay current with the info is if it stays plugged into the cigarette lighter cord, which houses the MSN receiver, and the cigarette lighter cord has power. Since I work from home, and am not usually driving during the week, this was a problem for me. Now I keep my nuvi attached to my dining room window and plugged into this adapter and I have constant MSN updates when I need to use it. For instance, Gas prices don't do you much good if they are several days old.

I purchased a Garmin nuvi 5000 model when it was on a closeout price. I didn't do my research and I didn't know that the 5000 doesn't have an internal battery. Therefore, you cannot even turn on the unit and play around with it unless it is hooked up via the cigarette-lighter adapter cable. (The USB cable only allows connection to computer for file transfer)



I am accustomed to my first Garmin unit,a nuvi 760, which had an internal battery.



I found this AC/DC converter that utilizes the cigarette-lighter cable connection and it works great. Now I can setup and adjust my Garmin 5000 at home and away from the car. The cost of this product could have been cheaper but I realize that accessories are a cash cow.



It works as expected and its orientation to the side doesn't take up all the space on outlets.

Purchased this because the cigarette lighter outlet in our car no longer works. I was purchasing a Garmin GPS for my husband for Christmas and the only charger available is the DC plug (cigarette lighter). I purchased this adapter and it works perfectly as described.

Very happy with Amazon and Garmin AC/DC converter. I use it with my Garmin nuvi885T GPS. I just plug the system into the converter and able to use the GPS with the MSN Direct DC cable. That works better for me than purchasing another power cable. - Gps System Accessories - Garmin Nuvi - Garmin Ac Charger - Gps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ac-dc Converter - gps system accessories, garmin ac charger gps Ac-dc Converter - gps system accessories, garmin ac charger