Monday 10 January 2011

High Definition - media player, multimedia player


More than I expected, for the price this is a great product, it has played every format I have in my external 500GB HDD with great video and sound quality.



These are the Pros I want to highlight:

1.Video & sound quality, this streamer supports up to 1080p and do it great, using HDMI cable the sound's great too.

2.Video modes, I like to watch my movies in full screen mode even if they come in 4:3 or 16:9, this device supports many video modes like: movie mode, subtitle mode, full screen mode, wide screen mode, etc, so no matter how is your movie formatted, you can always get your HDTV screen full.

3.Subtitles, I live in Costa Rica and although I'm doing OK with English I really like foreign films, especially oriental, and this device has no problems with subtitles, you can change position, size and even color.

4.Menu, it comes with a nice menu (isn't the PS3 menu, but come on), and I think the response time and reception from the remote is good, you don't need to be right in front of the device to make it work

5.Additional features, I just wanted a media streamer for the movies and videos in my HDD, however this device has some more features like Internet Radio, Picasa and Flickr access, UPnP streaming from PCs on your LAN, photo and audio files streaming, All of them works OK



And these are the Cons I found:

1.This device can read DVD .ISO images and load the entire menu on your screen, this is a really cool feature and it works most of the time, however I've had issues with some particular images, sometimes I can't enter to all the features on the menu, and sometimes it won't read the file at all, I don't know if there is some particular reason for that, maybe the software you use to make the image or something.

2.You must be careful when watching a movie to avoid touch the Menu of any other button on the remote that take you out of the movie because I haven't found any way to come back again to the point I was watching.

3.Don't lose the remote since there's no way to use the device without it.



Overall I really like this device, it's very functional, cheap and has cool features, I recommend this one if you're looking for something that do the job really well and is not so expensive. Micca MPLAY-HD Net 1080p Full-HD Digital Media Player and Network Streamer With UPnP Client and Internet Radio

Hands down this Micca MPLAY-HD Net has been the perfect addition to our home! From being able to play everything we have asked it to do and even more. Had a WD HD TV player and this blows it away when compared to what it can do and it actually comes with a FULL sized remote and many cool features. Received this item 3 days earlier than expected date!! YEAH! Easy to hook up and update the firmware (you have to D/L the firmware from Micca online and use a USB drive)Has media slot for card reader and that is so cool when wanting to see on your TV photos you just took. HDMI hookup and user controls were awesome! Clarity, ease of use and simple straight forward menu choices makes it so much easier to understand and find what you wan to view or listen to. Wow.. tried the internet radio features and this is outstanding! Hooked up to 2 usb drive (1TB and 2TB) and had no problems in loading and finding all connected devices. Playback was so clear we thought we had a new TV! You can also copy and delete files from the drives too! That is amazing! (wish it could read PDF files... maybe in a future firmware update.. we hope!) So much more to try out.. but as of now.. this totally is exactly what we wanted and more! Yes, we would totally recommend this to family and friends. (even those who aren't electronically inclined or device impaired!)

So far it's run all my HD and AVI files. Easy to use. The only downside, as some others have said is that the remote control is a little weak and you have to point directly at the box. Very happy with this device.

I got this product mostly because it offered internet radio. It works great! I just plugged it into my Cisco wireless router and the internet radio came right up. Lots of variety. The audio quality of each station may vary, from so-so to very good.



I have used the USB input and briefly tried the upnp server feature. They both work, but sometimes the Micca needs to be restarted to see them properly. Also, while I was able to play or view jpg, avi, mpg, and mp3, I was not able to see mkv video that was on the upnp computer. With both usb and upnp, you use the Micca to control the browsing.



One final note - plan to use HDMI to connect to your receiver. I first tried the component cables and the audio quality was muddy. Using HDMI sends digital to your system, and I found the audio to be excellent when converted by my Marantz receiver.

I bought this media player so that i could watch tv shows i record using my Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950Q TV Tuner. I got tired of having to burn the shows onto a dvd-r to be able to watch what i recorded on my TV. Its super easy to use! if you know how to use a DVD player you know how to use this media player. as a backup i had my universal remote learn the commands from the media players remote control



NOTE: DONT LOSE THE REMOTE! or you wont be able to use the system anymore. the remote is the only way to control the unit. - Media Player - Multimedia Player - 1080p - Hdmi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


hdmi High Definition - media player, multimedia player