Tuesday 11 January 2011

Case - holsters


The reason for the awful rating is simple. This case is the cheapest case I've ever seen. I dropped my evo shift ONCE, and the front protector fell off and broke. I cannot put it back on... This case didn't survive one fall from 4 feet high... Otterbox's will survive at least 50 of these drops without a problem. Actually, otterbox is developing a case for this. I already have that pre-ordered. HTC Evo Shift 4G Blue/Black Phone Cover [Sprint Retail Packaging]

This case fits the HTC Evo Shift 4G very nicely.



The case is made of material that is someplace between silicon and hard plastic in feel. The bottom has textured rubber which adds friction, reducing the chances of the phone sliding out of control across a smooth tabletop or dring a hard turn in a car seat.



Cut-outs are perfectly aligned for access to the accessory cable plug and power button (on top) and to the USB port and volume buttons (left side).



The case adds a thin rim around the screen that keeps it from direct contact with horizontal surfaces.



Whether or not you bought the insurance that your provider offered: this case will provide an extra measure of protection from the inevitable "oops" moments that we all experience.

I bought this from the Sprint store when I traded up to a Shift from a Palm Pre. Rather than get a cheap knock-off protective shell on eBay again, I wanted to take advantage of the 25% discount they offer to everything data plan users and bought a few different things. This was one of them.



The qualtiy of the case is fantastic. It fits snugly and perfectly. It's also fairly nice to see the actual HTC logo on the back too. The rubbarized reverse side allows it to stick to many slanted surfaces well, including my car dashboard when needed (though I wouldn't offer that as a permanent solution on how to keep it steady in the car.)



Overall, I'm really happy with this and I think if you're not too savvy with playing the field in buying accessories, this is a safe and reliable option.

The front cover was WAY TOO HARD TO REMOVE!!! I had to take it off with my teeth. It was crazy. I was never guna take it off but I had to change my screen protectors. My advice is to buy one that says rubber or rubberized case....only if u plan on taking it off at ANY TIME.

Got this off of Amazon for a discounted price (lower than what they sold for at Sprint) and at first was very happy with it. It fit very snug on my Evo Shift and did not make the profile of the phone much thicker. I also loved the rubber backing on the cover. It did not slide around as much. It is kind of difficult to get the cover off, but that is what you want, right, so it does not keep coming off. After about 3 weeks of ownership, I was driving down the freeway, and had to hit my brakes and my phone slid off my seat onto my carpeted floor of my Honda. When I got out of my car and grabbed my phone, I noticed the faceplate was off. I kept trying to re-attach it with no luck. Both tabs on the top part of the faceplate had been damaged enough to where the faceplate would not stay on. It is now useless. I thought I had found a winner in this cover (all of you slider phone fans know how hard it is to get a decent cover for it) but it failed me once again. Loved it for 3 weeks, but 3 weeks does not make a good product. Oh well, back to the drawing board. I would not recommend this cover. Haven't found one yet that I would recommend, and that is including the otterbox commuter series I had for my samsung moment. I will keep trying though.

This is hands down the best case I have ever used for one of my phones. The rubber on the back of it is really convienent in a bunch of ways. I have found many uses for it, especially on bumpy rides in the car, where I can put my ogine on my leg without it falling off.



The only reason why I knocked this case down a star is because the clips on the screen part of the case broke off, but that's actually my fault. I dropped the case accidently and it ended up landing exactly where the clip is on the front portion of the case, so really, its primarily my fault.



Overall, this case is, as stated above, hands-down the best case I have ever owned.

Case seems great so far. The clips that hold the front of the case on seem pretty flimsy though, so I'm going to try not to take it off any more than necessary. The bottom of the case has a nice rubbery grip though, which is great!

I've had this case on my evo shift for a little over a month now with no problems. It snapped on easily & quickly, and has stayed in place (although I haven't tried to remove it, either). I have no difficulties operating the phone with it on, and it doesn't add too much bulk. It has protected the phone during two clumsy drops from waist-height, and has not shown any signs of wear. Personally, I like the blue/black color scheme - and the textured back further enhances the grip. It protects the camera lens from surface scratches too - although I still manage to put finger prints on the lense when I'm handling the phone. - Holsters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Case - holsters holsters Case - holsters