Monday 10 January 2011

All In One Printer - ipad, hp


I bought 2 printers in the last 2 months both HP and both worked OK with the iPad , however it was a chore to print, many times it would print and others not.

Saw this on Amazon and love the Apple looking HP printer.

It was very easy to set up using just the iPad, not any other computer , took less then five minutes, love it, it has a straight plug and not one of those bricks,the look is very art like and it pretty quiet.

Love that the paper tray is hidden and under the front panel.

The touch screen was very fluid like and was easy to scroll, I have a hidden network and set up was very easy found my network in a minute.

The print quality is very good and it faster then my last 2 HPs both current models.



The bests thing it works flawless with my iPad, I can even print EBay shipping labels which I could not before.

I now feel complete without a MacBook.



Update.



I have been getting about 267 prints from a ink carterage which is good, printer can handle all tasks with ease.

Very happy I bought this printer, it looks stunning.

Ink can be found for about 14.00 each refill which is not bad at all. HP Envy 100 e-All-in-One D410a Printer (CN517A#B1H)

I purchased this model a couple months back and I find the scanning and printing functions to work well; however there is one bug which I have noticed. On this model, the control panel opens and closes upon power up and whenever you perform a printing function. The lid is suppose to close to the position that it was left at before it opened. This default position or angle of the control panel is manually adjustable to allow the user to manage the viewing angle of the LCS display. However, on my printer I find the lid does not always close or return to its "default" position. I have to actually manually close the lid.



The problem is intermittent. I did download the last software version to the printer but it made no difference.



Now, this is not a big deal because it is easy to manually close the lid but when I called HP support, I must say I was disappointed. The support desk engineers had no familiarity of the printer nor access to one and they did not seem to be interested in flagging this issue to the design team. I explained to them that the problem only occurs after printer and is intermittent, but never occurs when you first power up the printer. In other words, there is no mechanical or hardware problem with the printer. The problem seems to be that the printer software "forgets" on occassion what the "return" position is for the lid. I spent a few hours of my time trying to troubleshoot and share my findings with HP support, but like I said, their support team in India seems to be clueless or not well educated on customer service and problem management.



Now I will admit that HP did offer me the option to replace my printer, but I told them I ws sure the problem is in the software and I would end up driving 80 miles back/forth to the store and just end up with another unit with the same issue. Will see who is right once this printer gets out there more.

This is a gorgeous device in search of greatness. It is extremely well built, set up was easy, and it works as expected and as advertised. Print quality and speed in B&W and color is very good although I don't use this to print large format photographs. The scanner is quite good. The management software is simple and straightforward and the USB (hard wired) and network (wireless) can be individually adjusted. In short, everything works as anticipated.



I think with any multifunction device there are going to be trade-offs that balance price point, performance, and features. I don't think you will be happy with this printer if you want a quality photo printer but it has only one color ink source so that tells you something. You won't be happy replacing ink cartridges if you print reams of paper. I wanted a printer that didn't look like a NASA rover, had good print quality and speed, a good scanner, and wireless capability for a home office. This printer hits the sweet spot for my use and I would purchase it again in a heatbeat.



Why very good and not great? It has it's weak spots. The print delivery method: open door - tongue out - paper print - tongue back, door close. It needs a little work. The draft setting for color prints tends to produce only a partial page; I guess HP wants you to burn through the color cartridge or maybe it's intended as a coloration draft only? Software bloat is an issue but that's easily solved. I'm sure there will be other minor inconveniences but the qauality of the printer and scanner aren't diminished.



You can definitely buy a better multifunction device but at this price point I haven't seen anything that competes with this one. And it is a really nice looking piece of equipment. Good luck in your search and hope you find a printer that works as well as this one has for me.

I loved this printer for 1 week. I printed wirelessly to my Macs and ipad and ipod. Then the printer's internet connection asked if I would like to update. Stupid me, I said yes. It went into the HP death spiral and not only would not finish the update, but would never work again. After much time on the phone with HP, they offered me a rebuilt unit as a replacement; I said no, the printer is a week old and you can send a brand new one. And are you going to take down the update which destroyed my printer and many others (google HP Envy D410 problems and you will see)



I WOULD GIVE IT 1/2 star if that were possible





Never install the HP updates!!!!





I would add after dealing with HP, I just gave up----hopeless.



I love Amazon---full refund with no hassles.



I also bought amazon stock today and sold my hp-----eventually those attitudes show much about the company.



Can you believe they are still sending this HP "deathstar" update? - Wireless - Ipad - Hp - All In One Printer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


All In One Printer - ipad, hp ipad All In One Printer - ipad, hp